What's new
What's new

Linde vi 206 welder question

todd goff

Hot Rolled
I have a new to me Linde vi-206 welder with a union carbide model 35 wire feeder. I powered it up yesterday and the stick welder part works great; couldn't ask for anything more but; the wire feeder is iffy or it could just be me. The wire feeder works good on the wire inch feature but is hesitant with the mig gun. It was set up for .045 wire and I replaced the tips and wire with .035 so I may need to replace a feed roller. The wire feeder also makes a clicking noise when using the mig gun--- could that be the gas solenoid clicking as it did have gas on it. Also, it will not strike an arc with the mig gun. I checked the connections and one was loose so I tightened it. With the stick welder working and wire feeding I would think that it is something simple; wonder if it could be a bad switch?

Todd Goff, I'm not familiar with this machine but can you switch it to constant voltage.

You need to make sure your drive rolls are the right size along with the tip.
You also want to check to make sure you dont have kinks in the liner by manually pulling the wire through.

When adjusting your drive roll tension, you should just barely be able stop the wire with your fingers as its feeding out, so loosen it until it slips and tighten it till you can barely stop it.
Good Luck.

I am pretty sure the rolls aren't right as I changed the tip from 045 to 035 (welding store was out of 045 gas less wire) so I need to get a new drive roll for it. They repair machines there too so I may send this one for repair; they seem pretty reasonable. I'll keep you posted on the progress and thanks.

linde v1-206 mig welder need operation and setup manual bad enyone no where i get one

need a manual bad for a linde v1-206 mig where can i get one ...

me too i also need the knurled wheel in .23 and .30 and some quick tips on setting up for sheet metal thin body work stuff anyone out there still alive that ran one fill me in thanks

Back