Aluminum
I have a Century 125GL wire welder I would like to
add the gas conversion kit to. Does any one know
where I can purchase this kit ? Century sold out
to Lincoln, I believe, and I can't find a source
for the kit.
Thanks for any help,
Al

Call lincoln tech support. They should be able to give you the part number, if not they can hand you off to someone who can.

I did not find a supplier for the original Century
kit so I purchased a Clarke mig conversion kit.
As it turned out, my Century already had the
solenoid built in so I only needed the regulator,
hose and hose adaptor. The difference is like night and day. I doubt I will ever weld with flux
core again. Thanks for the suggestions.
Al

I have a Century 125GL as well. I have everything but the hose adaptor. Where did you purchase your Clarke kit? I'm hoping I can just buy the adaptor somewhere but I'll get the kit if I have to. Also, what size wire are you using?
I tried 0.030 with my Craftsman 85 Amp and I'm having trouble. It doesnt seem to have enough amperage. I haven't tried the Century yet, but I got some 0.025 for it.

Paul, I was wrong on the brand name. I bought a
Hobart brand conversion kit. Got it at our local
Farm & Fleet store although Clarke does make one.
I think you can get it through Sears. I had to modify the hose adaptor in the lathe. Also had to modify the tips that came in the kit. They were too long. If you have a local welding supply house they can probably fix you up with a hose adaptor. On the .03 wire problem, did you reverse the polarity ? That is a must when changing from flux core. Search this site and you will find lots of info on that.
Al

I've checked the local welding supply houses and generally get: "we dont stock low volume items" or "we dont carry Century parts". I know there's an adaptor out there somewhere. I'll find it or make it.
The polarity is correct but I suspect there is a problem with the welder.
Thanks for the help,
Paul

Back