What's new
What's new

Manley Hydraulic press parts

wmprice

Aluminum
Looking for a rebuild kit for a Manley 20/40/60 ton hydraulic press. Can anyone send me a parts breakdown and supplier for these. Thanks in advance, Bill

Any luck?

Did you ever find a place for parts?

I have the press below and the screw down ram is stuck inside the adjustment wheel. The threads let go inside the wheel. Anyone know where I might be able to find another one? Or suggestions on how I might get it fixed or repaired?

60tonpress_6.jpg

press wheel

A steped sleeve would be a fix and thread to fit the screw,but it doesn't look like the is enough material to do that.So get a slug ,steel will hold up better Check the threads on the screw to make sure they are ok,then machine a new hand wheel per sample and to fit the screw . Not to tight as the threads will swell with use.

Thanks guys for the input..

Drylake, what do you mean by steel slug? You mean just get solid steel rod turned with the correct thread pattern? Sorry if this is a stupid question...just kinda new to the whole fabrication thing..but learning fast.

Oh, any machinists in the college park, Md area?

Here are some additional pics:

file.php

The wheel:
file.php

The stripped threads in the wheel:
file.php

and just for fun, here are some of my threads :-) :
file.php

I fixed mine up around 25yrs ago. The threads were worn but have held up. At the time it looked like making a flanged internal threaded sleeve and boring out the hand wheel for it would not be a problem, there is alot of meat in that hand wheel.

update

Machinist is going to take out the whole center section and just make a whole new one and weld the spokes back to new center section...I know the part is cast...so hopefully it all be good...the wheel and spokes only turn the ram...so strength there shouldnt be an issue. I should have it back late next week. Ill post up some pics.

By the way, I did find a place that sells rebuild kits for the manley pumps...ill post that up when I find the link again.

donie

Donie, did you have to order one of the piston cups from EMP? I ordered a repair kit from a company called blackhawkparts.com that was supposed to be made for my model press. Manley model 190. But the piston cup that came in the kit is to big. I was wondering if you ordered one, what size did you get. Looks to me the original piston cup is 5" diameter, 3/4" tall lip, 3/16" thick with 1/2 inch hole. The diameter is the part that is a little tricky...If I measure across the top it from lip to lip, it looks more like 4 7/8's measuring the across the bottom shows 5". I think the top measurement may be off just because the piston cup is a bit deformed.

Anyways, all that to ask if you remember what you ordered?

I purchased the cup seals from a supplier in Spokane Wa. that sold belting and other things. They are long gone.
I believe my press is smaller with a 3 7/8" ram.
If I were to do it again, I would probably try to fit a polypack seal to the ram by making a short piston to fit the top of ram or groove the ram itself ,if its thick enough.
The seal I purchased back then was plain leather with no surface treatment, the same as what was in it.
The problem with the old style seals like that is, oil sweats out enough so that the hand wheel is always a little oily.

I have a Manley press identical to the one pictured above. The problem with mine is that the pinion gear for the arbor press has some missing teeth. If anyone knows where I might be able to find a gear, and the rack if possible, please let me know. (Like if one of you guys gives up on fixing your hydraulic press and decides to buy a nice new one or anything like that).

Or, does anyone know of someone who could repair my parts?

Halltrail-Did you ever find the link to the company that makes rebuild parts for the Manley? I also need the seals for mine.

Thanks,
Lewis

as it turns out

So I sent the kit back to blackhawkparts.com and it turns out that it is the right size cup...I just didnt know what I was doing. Supposedly, I need to work the cup a little to soften it up to get it in there...oops. I destroyed the cup that they sent me. But they are getting me a new one and sending it all back out. No charge. Pretty cool company. I talked to a couple of the guys that work there and they were all very friendly and helpful. By the way the sell kits for all kinds of presses. Check them out.

www.blackhawkparts.com

The kit for the manley model 190 comes with the piston cup, 3 sets of rope packing, two check valve balls and two other little parts...guess ill figure out where they go once I take the pump apart.

Ill be ordering a kit for my Dake 6-225 soon too. I have a small leak in the ram. I suspect its the same type of issue...piston cup.

hi

i am kenton i live in califronia i do have 60 ton press like that am trying to sell because it's to big for my used ,mine is in good working condition i realy need a smaller one if you know some one that is intrested let me know here is my email i can send you some pic of it thanks ken i will post it on the site today thanks again

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,955
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 2,802
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 1,468
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 3,546
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 7,770
IMG_0194.jpg

I have always liked the KR Wilson presses. They are hydraulic and also can be used like an arbor press. The handles of the handwheel are barely viable on the right-most side of the press. The pipe handle is for hydraulic pumping. Good luck fixing your press.
--Doozer

I just bought a 40 ton press like the one picured at the top of this thread. I checked out the link to blackhawk and didn't see Manley listed so I did a search with no results. I'd also like to ask about the threadind of the cables for the winch mine has no winch annd the bed has been disasembled and is bolted to the frame there are no spacers wich would allow the bed to move up or down.The picture shows me what Ineed to do to fix this problem but I'm not sure how to route the cables. Also I am missing the rod that is shown going up in front of the center of the cylinder and I'm not sure what its for. :confused:Thansks for any help Oscer

Did you ever find a place for parts?

I have the press below and the screw down ram is stuck inside the adjustment wheel. The threads let go inside the wheel. Anyone know where I might be able to find another one? Or suggestions on how I might get it fixed or repaired?

60tonpress_6.jpg

I have a Manley press exactly as the one pictured, I'm looking to put a air over hydraulic pump on it and was wondering what psi rating was on the factory pump?

Back