Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

6000 psi max.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm working on a Manley 40 ton H beam press too. It was made in August of 1937... a few years ago to say the least. It looks real close to the press in this post.

The guys at Blackhawkparts.com are helpful and didn't have any problem on finding a kit for the ram and pump.

I've got the steel work finished... Sand Blasted, primmed and painted... A lot of the steel parts I bead blasted and parkerized. I'm going to start on the ram and pump in a few days.

Thanks for the info.

aj
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails manley-press-001.jpg   manley-press-002.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Almost 100% finished... just a few more details..... It's turning out better than I expected. Main cylinder was easy to rebuild and the hand pump turned out good too. Check out the photos. I had a couple of plates cut to go on top to press on. That sure makes it nice.
    Aj
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_0880.jpg   img_0882.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Manley 190 60 ton rebuild

Hey guys, I have a 60 ton Manley 190 I am rebuilding with the Blackhawk kit. Any pointers or suggestions you can offer would be appreciated.

Thank you

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not sure if it's best to start a new thread or tag on to this 6 year old one. Since I'm also looking for some Manley 60 ton press parts and this thread has the right subject I'll try this first.

My press is missing the two extension springs that retract the ram back into the cylinder. I'd sure appreciate it if somebody could measure the springs on their press and post the unextended length, overall coil diameter and wire diameter.

I'm also missing the hand crank worm drive mechanism that raises and lowers the lower cross beam. Finding an original may be a lost cause but I'd appreciate any suggestions for a suitable functional replacement.

Thanks,

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Miles View Post
    I have a 60 Ton version of that press that has been sitting ever since I bought it waiting to have the seals replaced.
    I am working on a 60 ton that is missing the return springs. Could you measure yours and let me know the outside diameter the body length the overall length out side of hook to outside of hook when at rest the wire diameter the number of coil in the body and any other info that might help me. I ordered my cups and packing from Baum Hydraulics in Omaha Ne.
    William

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Langanobob View Post
    Not sure if it's best to start a new thread or tag on to this 6 year old one. Since I'm also looking for some Manley 60 ton press parts and this thread has the right subject I'll try this first.

My press is missing the two extension springs that retract the ram back into the cylinder. I'd sure appreciate it if somebody could measure the springs on their press and post the unextended length, overall coil diameter and wire diameter.

I'm also missing the hand crank worm drive mechanism that raises and lowers the lower cross beam. Finding an original may be a lost cause but I'd appreciate any suggestions for a suitable functional replacement.

Thanks,

Bob
    Bob did you ever get the specs on the return springs? I sure could use them to find springs for my press. If you did could you post them or email them to me? Did you find a place too get the springs if so where?
    William

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi William
    I have one that I bought recently and think it is the 60 T version. I can get you the spring info but it might take a few days.

Andy

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi here is the info that I got.
    The spring in the photo is slightly expanded in the totally retracted position. This is how I think it should be but might effect the dimensions taken. In addition it has lots of paint and grime on it. Total length outside to outside ~14 1/2", spring wire diameter ~.225, OD of the coils ~1.525 and the total coil count is 40 + the two ends.

hope this helps
    Happy holidays
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by oi789 View Post
    I am working on a 60 ton that is missing the return springs. Could you measure yours and let me know the outside diameter the body length the overall length out side of hook to outside of hook when at rest the wire diameter the number of coil in the body and any other info that might help me. I ordered my cups and packing from Baum Hydraulics in Omaha Ne.
    William
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_20191223_08_21_07_pro-1-.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Andy ST thanks for the spring info found some that works.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I have a Manley 60 ton Model 190 what kind of oil should I use in it? Does any one know where I can get a 70ton force gauge for a 5 inch ram?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi
    Please post the spring info so that others in your same position can find them. Link , manufacturer, part number anything you have.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by oi789 View Post
    Andy ST thanks for the spring info found some that works.