What's new
What's new

Manual for Ficep Iron worker

jeep534

Cast Iron
I recently aquired a FICEP Mechinical Iron Worker I would like to find a Manual for it. anyone have any Ideas.

Thanks
archie =) =) =)

did you try ficep?
They are Italian.

http://www.ficep.it/web-products-ironworkers.aspx

or even closer to home, in Maryland- but I dont think they currently import ironworkers. Might know who did, though. I thought Heller used to import Ficeps, then they started getting Ficep to put the name "Heller" right on em. Could be wrong, though.

http://www.ficepcorp.com/

A mechanical is gonna be 40 years old, though. There probably wasnt a whole lot of "manual" that came with em new. A page showing the places you grease it, maybe a wiring diagram. If you were lucky, an exploded parts diagram.

While I'm not familiar with your unit be careful because a lot of mechanical ironworkers will not meet OSHA guidelines.
I bought an owners manual for a Buffalo 0 mechanical and it had disclaimers in it that it didn't meet current OSHA safety standards. If you are using it commercially you might get into trouble.

I am aware.... currently used in a home shop. it does have the two pushbuttons to make the thing "cycle" but in that mode it would take two people to operate =-)

Happy Hunting
archie =) =) =)

A scan of a 66 model hydraulic might prove useful, if it is not too much trouble. boy my machine must be really old.

Thanks
archie =) =) =)

FICEP manual

I think I have a manual for a FICEP model 16 that I used to have. If that will do you any good, I will send it to you. Let me know.
Bill

I have a Ficep 14 mechanical ironworker.It`s a Forty tonner,works of a footswitch.Possibly someone has converted yours to two handed operation.Not a very useful conversion in my eyes.I don`t have a manual and never needed one,they are simple machines.Only breakdown I`ve ever had was a little spring broke on the clutch for the punching end.

Ficep 14

Mark,
Boy.... I was beeginning to think these things were all but extinct. I have photo's of mine posted here...http://jeep534.smugmug.com/gallery/1138258_gJkJY#304239093_yHBFJ

Mine needs a bit of work. It does not work exactly correct I do not believe. I can get the punch to "one shot" but the rest of it will not do that. maybe it is operator error. also what type of lubricant do you use in yours. also I would like to see a picture of your foot pedal assembly as I believe part of mine is missing.

any information you could provide would be a great help.

Thank You
archie =) =) =)

Archie,I think yours might be older than mine.In the picture that shows the wheels there appears to be a bit of linkage for a mechanical foot pedal to trip something. I don`t have pics of my machine. and,I don`t know how to load them here but,I could take some and get someone else to load them.
The clutches on my machine are operated by electrical solenoids which sit on top of the flywheel guard,in line with the shafts through the flywheels and at the back of the flywheel.The clutches are keys similar to the set up on a power press.
My footpedal plugs into a socket at whatever end of the machine you want to use.
The forging that carries the die holder on yours is slightly different to mine also.
Can you do a pic looking down on top of the flywheel guard?
Do you have a machined pad on the guards at these positions?

Archie
the pic number 61 shows you having something bolted on top of the guard where I have a bracket and solenoid there and I have the same at the other end of the guard.
What do your two hand buttons operate and where is it?
I will see if I can get a pic of mine.
Can you PM me an email address and I`ll send them to you.

Mark,
Photo 64 shows the plunger assembly that is raised up by a cable to release the ram. the cable runs down to what I believe once was a pedal. which now has a air cylinder which is operated by some air valves that are operated by the 2 hand buttons and the transformer shown in pictures 67,69 and 59.

I will send you a pm with my email address.

archie =) =) =)

Archie,it seems that who ever modified yours only done the one end.It would be better with an electric solenoid so no need to run a compressor.
Did my pics come through to your email address?
Mark.

Mark,
My machine is made different than yours. only the punch release can be accessed from the top of the housing. all of the other parts are operated by a little lever on the other side. I will probably put it back to stock with the pedal, remove the electrical stuff and call it a day
the pictures came through fine.

Thank You
archie =) =) =)

Ficep 66 ton ironworker manual wanted

A scan of a 66 model hydraulic might prove useful, if it is not too much trouble. boy my machine must be really old.

Thanks
archie =) =) =)

hey if anyone has a manual for the hydraulics and operation I'd love to get one. lottajava at yahoo

thx
Steve

I recently purchased a Ficep ironworker . Model is ( Super Size 13 ) There's no manual for it and I would be happy to purchase a manual or schematic on what this unit looks like on the inside. Can anyone help me ??

Thanks
Louis

Hi guys
Any luck with locating a manual for the hydraulic ficep 66 ton?
Same situation, purchased machine, require owners manual
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
Tom

Back