What's new
What's new

Manual for a Promecam Press Brake

tomcannon

Plastic
Hi all, we have just had a Promecam press brake delivered (CNC ema control) but it has no manual and I have no experience with this machine! Does anyone know where I could get hold of a copy?!

Many thanks,
Tom.

I've got the manual from amada. They use to have promecam stuff. Depend on your model I can help you, I have a pretty complete manual.

I have a similar press (mine is a rg-103) but the controller is different (hurco auto bend 5). If you have question feel free to ask.

No worries, just trying to get it worked out- its a lot different to my mill!!!!! Have spoken to a guy who deals with Promecam who can supply me with a manual so hopefully get that soon.

I have a similar press (mine is a rg-103) but the controller is different (hurco auto bend 5). If you have question feel free to ask.

I have a Promecam IT2-50-20 (50t, 2m) with an Autobend 5 as well. Someone harvested the VFD (or was it LED?) display from it, but it still has the other boards. Fortunately, I have all the manuals / schematics. My plan is to add a microcontroller to translate the display output to drive an IBM cash register VFD module just to get it working again. Down the road it might be fun to create a custom touchscreen app with a rasberry pi or beaglebone black instead of the controller it has now. In any case, I just wanted to post to this thread so we Promecam / Autobend users can find each other...

I also have a Promecam with an Autobend 5. It is not currently under power, but will be as soon as I get more sq ft under roof.

I'm having some issues with the foot control on mine. The foot control appears to be hydraulic, and it seems to be working weakly / sporadically, almost like bad brakes on a car that you need to pump. Sometimes you depress it and the ram comes up strongly, sometimes weakly (the ram rises partially and then you hear what sounds like hydraulic fluid bypassing), many times not at all. I'm thinking there is air in the control line or it is otherwise lossy in some way. I haven't done any really high tonnage bending yet, but it does seem that when it works it is able to generate reasonable force. I guess it is possible that the tonnage / max pressure control isn't working right instead. I have it maxed out right now though.

I'm having some issues with the foot control on mine. The foot control appears to be hydraulic, and it seems to be working weakly / sporadically, almost like bad brakes on a car that you need to pump. Sometimes you depress it and the ram comes up strongly, sometimes weakly (the ram rises partially and then you hear what sounds like hydraulic fluid bypassing), many times not at all. I'm thinking there is air in the control line or it is otherwise lossy in some way. I haven't done any really high tonnage bending yet, but it does seem that when it works it is able to generate reasonable force. I guess it is possible that the tonnage / max pressure control isn't working right instead. I have it maxed out right now though.

We have an older 48"/25T Promecam manual brake. We got it for 1200 bucks because it wouldn't build any pressure--the seller just wanted it gone.

On our machine the pump is in the reservoir and is chain driven by an externally mounted motor. Pressurized fluid flows from the pump through a hard line that connects to a bulkhead fitting which in turn passes the fluid through the wall of the reservoir and on to the ram. When I pulled the cover off the reservoir I discovered that the large nut on the inside of the fitting was only finger tight and when I operated the machine all the oil was p*ssing back into the tank :eek: and never making to the ram. Five minutes with a big crescent wrench got it tight and now the machine makes full pressure and works like a hot damn...:D

The chap who came to set it up taught us how to use it in the end, however an idiot in the workshop dropped a piece of plate behind the bottom tool as the backstop was coming in, and jammed up badly. Now we have no powered backstop as it must have overloaded something and either burnt out, tripped or blown something....

So I went to use the brake the other day and I could not get the ram to actuate at all. I finally took a closer look and could see that the foot control uses its own separate hydraulic system much like brakes on a car or bicycle. My guess was that there was insufficient hydraulic fluid or air in the line. It turns out I was right, but what I didn't expect is that the hydraulic reservoir for the foot cylinder is actually the inner vertical tube of the hand lockout of the foot control (a picture of which I posted earlier in this thread). You unscrew the cap on the top and put fluid in there. The cap has a small breather hole. When the machine shipped to me the foot control was probably on its side and the fluid leaked out of the breather.

I know this is an old thread - just posting this here in case someone else runs into this issue.

For reference, my foot control looks like this one:

View attachment 124870

Hi

I am also looking for the Ema CNC control manual. Did you find it? Are you willing to share it with me?

Rudie

My uncle purchased very old PROMECAM RG-103 in as it is condition. I badly require hydraulic circuit to keep it in operation, can any body share a copy

Back