What's new
What's new

NC / Nesting alternatives to SigmaNest???

El Mustachio

Hot Rolled
We let our maintenance expire on SigmaNest (8.0 at the time) a bit over a year ago. Had to migrate to a new desktop last week and long story short, dropping the subscription caused a problem generating new dongle codes for the new computer. I thought the subscription was for new product releases and tech support only. So now before I decide whether to pay a chunk to get back on subscription, I have to look at if SigmaNest is still the way to go for NC & Nesting on our plasma table. SigmaNest is all I've ever used, but I'm wondering if I should be looking at some other less expensive packages, $1600/yr maintenance after I pay $5K to get back on the plan :(

COMPUTERIZED CUTTING SOFTWARE

This is sort of a recommendation, and it may not be the best either, but C-Cut was part of the Koike system I purchased years ago. I only upgraded once and there are no yearly costs. I think you can download the program and try it but need the hardware dongle to make it save, etc. My program is several years old so I am not sure of current features/costs/computer requirements.

The is an "all in one" program. I can draw and save parts with the simple built in CAD. I can then nest them, add the cutting then post process and save or, send to my machine.

The CAD is simple but good enough that I've made a few detail drawings for shop use. I can also import a dxf file.

My only complaint is that I am having trouble running it on my updated XP SP3 computer. If I upgraded the C-Cut that would probably go away but since the current program does what I need I plan to dump everything and go back to Windows 95.

Walter A

That this for what's worth, probably not much!

Many times when upgrading your computer that has a dongle(s), you may need to get new drivers from the dongle manufactuer. Aladdin driver's are free, not sure about any of the others. I am assuming that you have a product key, password, etc. that came with the software.

I have heard that SigmaNest does a really good job nesting, however, I would ask them if they could cost justify 5K. In other words do they have new enchantments that could save you time or material? For 5K I could recommend another package to look at with true shape nesting. Better yet tell them you are looking at something else and see how fast their price comes down.

Good luck.

Independent CNC Programmer
www.independentcnc.com

My mission is to share CNC programming innovations for a lifetime.

Back