What's new
What's new

Need Waterjet Recommendations and specs

BR3

Hot Rolled
I was asked by the boss to get some specs for waterjets as we are about to remodel a room for the purpose of installing a waterjet and possibly a new VMC. So I am wondering what ones are under $200,000 and have a user friendly control and good support. Do they have a water tank or are they fed from a tap? What is the abrasive consupmtion? (that may be a hard one since we aren't sure how much it will be used...we think alot though.) Does it need to be plumbed to a drain or can we run a waterhose out of it? What about contaminants in the sewer? What accesories should we take into consideration? We want to get it right the first time, not get something that is gonna be a dead horse.

Thanks for your help guys,

Bernard

The best waterjet I have ever worked on was an Omax. The machine was really user friendly and maintenance on it was easy as can be. Their support was top notch to. The jet runs on straight tap water but will require a filter system for consumable life to stay within normal range. And I recommend a chiller for consumable life to last longer. The abrasive consumption "Garnet" varies by material that you cutting and nozzle diameter. Generally for most materials its about 60/ph. Either or on this one, you could send it to a sewer or just put a hose in the back of a building and let it drain there. The material leftover from cutting isn't gonna contaminate the water suppy, as long as you not cutting lead that is :). Make sure you get a pivoting head for taper compensation, whichever brand you choose. Don't choose the super high pressure pumps, just read back and you'll see that their lines are not really designed for that.

Thanks man, thats the kind of thing I want to know. The Omax is looking pretty good. I was also considering a Maxiem, they are made by Omax. Also Jet Edge looks pretty good, but they are pretty high.

Maxiem's are good but I have heard stories that they are not nearly as durable as the main stream Omax. That is the saying "you get what you pay for".

Back