What's new
What's new

New equipment day!!!! Omax waterjet

KMW FABRICATION

Plastic
I was able to go pick up my Omax 5555 waterjet with the rigger last week. The tech will be here Monday to set the machine up and start training. I'm super excited to get this machine running some jobs. Already have customers asking if its up and running. It's going to be a great addition to my shop.

Attachments

• 20190123_112918.jpg
    20190123_112918.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 349
  • 20190123_112911.jpg
    20190123_112911.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 298
Awesome, how big is the table? Get many pictures so you can remember when it looked so clean

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Awesome, how big is the table? Get many pictures so you can remember when it looked so clean

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It has a cut area of 55 inches by 55 inches. Yeah im gonna make sure to take lots of photos during the install and over the course of running the machine.

Congrats. I set up my 5555 back in August. Absolutely love it!!!

Looks like you have the A-Jet Head too???

Congrats. I set up my 5555 back in August. Absolutely love it!!!

Looks like you have the A-Jet Head too???

We got a Tilt-A-Jet head. I wish it was a 5 axis A-Jet but still a very nice upgrade. The tech is here for the week. So far everything is going very smoothly. Waiting on a few components to show up tomorrow like the R.O. system and chiller unit. I will upload some progression photos as we go.

Awesome (disclosure: I am such an OMAX fanboy I'm on their website testemonializing). Is this a brand new machine or late model new-to-you? Looks to be brand new yes?

Awesome (disclosure: I am such an OMAX fanboy I'm on their website testemonializing). Is this a brand new machine or late model new-to-you? Looks to be brand new yes?

It's a brand new/demo table. Bought at a discounted demo price with only 40 hours on the pump. Still get all the amenities of brand new with all the warranties. Tech has been here all week installing it. We had a delay on the shipping of some components and got set back a solid day. We just got completely wired up and everything is plumbed. Hoping to be cutting parts in the morning.

You will love it! Possibly the best thing about Omax specifically, as I have heard from others who have done direct comparisons, is how incredibly easy it is to use, so you'll be up and running in half an hour and if you are away from the machine for a long time, it's easy to remember how to run it when you come back.

Update

Sorry for the delay been crazy with getting the machine operational and trying to get jobs out the door. We had some shipping delays on the remaining items which set us back with install. Once we had the R.O. system, 2 ton chiller, and step up transformer we were able to get placed and start plumbing and wiring everything. Got machine wired and plumbed and started cutting parts!

20190130_220502.jpg20190130_220506.jpg20190130_220515.jpg20190203_161732.jpg20190203_161739.jpg

Do you have a press brake? A press brake and a waterjet cutter open up a whole world of capabilities.

My brother and I own a Fab shop employing 102 people as of today...2 FMS Fiber Lasers, 1 CO2 FMS Laser, 3 Amada 1212 Pulsar Lasers, 7 Strippit Turrets, 24 Amada Press Brakes and 1 Safan Press Brake...use to build a lot of stuff in the shop at night but I got tired of having to answer questions and solve problems on the second shift. 4 years ago I built a 10500 sq ft shop at home and created a mini version of our shop.

Omax 5555 Water Jet, Sharp SV-2412 CNC Mill, Sharp Knee Mill, Sharp Lathe, Accupress 60 Ton 6 foot Press Brake (set-up for European and American Tooling), Ellis 2000 Saw, Lincoln TIG and Wirefeed. Looking or a 1/4 inch 6 foot minimum Shear still. Now I can build anything I want right on the backyard.

Looking at buying a Desktop Metal Printer in the next 12 months...or so.

Also looking to upgrade my Accupress to a 6 Axis Amada ounce we go to trade one in on something new. I'll buy it out of the company for the trade value.

My projects are never ending!!! And my world of capabilities is only limited by time. Work comes first!!!

Attachments

• IMG_6594.jpg
    IMG_6594.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_6683.jpg
    IMG_6683.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_6962.jpg
    IMG_6962.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_6013.jpg
    IMG_6013.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_6593.jpg
    IMG_6593.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 142
I think you win home shop of the year award! Very nice, envy meter is pegged high!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ps- I don’t see any chips on the floor, not one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My brother and I own a Fab shop employing 102 people as of today...2 FMS Fiber Lasers, 1 CO2 FMS Laser, 3 Amada 1212 Pulsar Lasers, 7 Strippit Turrets, 24 Amada Press Brakes and 1 Safan Press Brake...use to build a lot of stuff in the shop at night but I got tired of having to answer questions and solve problems on the second shift. 4 years ago I built a 10500 sq ft shop at home and created a mini version of our shop.

Omax 5555 Water Jet, Sharp SV-2412 CNC Mill, Sharp Knee Mill, Sharp Lathe, Accupress 60 Ton 6 foot Press Brake (set-up for European and American Tooling), Ellis 2000 Saw, Lincoln TIG and Wirefeed. Looking or a 1/4 inch 6 foot minimum Shear still. Now I can build anything I want right on the backyard.

Looking at buying a Desktop Metal Printer in the next 12 months...or so.

Also looking to upgrade my Accupress to a 6 Axis Amada ounce we go to trade one in on something new. I'll buy it out of the company for the trade value.

My projects are never ending!!! And my world of capabilities is only limited by time. Work comes first!!!

Goals I'd like to reach one day! Beautiful home shop! I've had my eye on a accupress for a while or Guifil or Amada press brake.

Back