What's new
What's new

new to the forum, would like to reach out for some knowledge and help

US.Fabricator

Plastic
Hello everyone..

To start I want to say I'm a 20yr veteran about to retire after 20yrs from the active army. Before the army I was a certified welder in the Sacramento CA area for 16 yrs after starting at 17 years old out of high school.
After being a Soldier I'm going back to welding and doing side jobs for myself.
I have some equipment to start, mostly new and well kept. Only issue I'm having is sourcing two(2)flanges for my Milwaukee 14" abrasive cut off saw model 6180-20 which has been discontinued and no longer support repair parts.

I ordered flanges from the next model up parts list to see if they fit or can be modified but they have not arrived yet. I was wondering if someone here in the El Paso TX area could help. I'm thinking two can be newly machined out of some steel or modify the ones I ordered. My 2nd option is to reach out to someone here and have them sent to be machined.
Saw works well and very strong just needs two flanges and I already have the flange nut.
I'm new to the forum and not from the El Paso area and probably should post this under a different thread, any help or advice would be appreciated..
Thanks
Ed

Do the spare flanges listed on this page not fit? Parts 1a & 2 seem to be what you need.

Milwaukee 14 in. Abrasive Cut-Off Machine | 6180-20 | eReplacementParts.com

What would need modified on the two you have to work on your saw? Abrasive chop saws are cheap enough that custom machining some replacement flanges likely isn't justifiable in my opinion regarding the expense, but I do like to see things saved from the trash if a little work gets it going again.

Do the spare flanges listed on this page not fit? Parts 1a & 2 seem to be what you need.

What would need modified on the two you have to work on your saw? Abrasive chop saws are cheap enough that custom machining some replacement flanges likely isn't justifiable in my opinion regarding the expense, but I do like to see things saved from the trash if a little work gets it going again.

First thing is thanks for the reply.. and yes I did try to order those same exact parts from ereplacementparts.com but the flanges and the model saw was discontinued and no longer being supported, unless they now have them sourced.. I can try again after trying 3 years ago.
The saw was just not being used for not having the flanges and was left for trash but never made it to the dumpster due to still working excellent..
Its not going to the trash if it still works fine. I'll try again ordering from the site but then back to asking for help. I'll keep trying to get this saw back into play.
The flange I ordered was only one flange to see if it fits, I think it was 13.00 if not I'm going to plug weld the arbor hole and try to drill/die grind it out to fit and that's why I'm here. its the last thing I want to do is hack on some flange only to not work. So I'll try to order again.
However, I do have an EVO Rage chop saw with a metal blade for the mean time but the abrasive wheels are much cheaper to use for general purpose cutting.

yea I just ordered two flanges again and there was a blurb about it ships from the MFG directly and the MFG discontinued the model..

what would be needed ..? I would have to wait for the part to be delivered in order to see if it fits and then start hacking away lol

Back