What's new
What's new

Older Hyd-Mech S-20 Help Needed

Powered

Plastic
New to the forum and need help with my old S-20. It has a manual head control valve located on the cylinder that has stripped and needs replacing. Hyd-Mech tells me they do not sell the valve any longer and that I have to purchase a retrofit kit for megabucks. I'm looking for any help in finding a valve that will work and, if needed, retrofitting that valve onto my existing cylinder. This is one of their oldest saws (1984) according to their parts guy.

Attachments

• S-20 Valve.jpg
    S-20 Valve.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 48
  • S-20 Saw.jpg
    S-20 Saw.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 66
New to the forum and need help with my old S-20. It has a manual head control valve located on the cylinder that has stripped and needs replacing. Hyd-Mech tells me they do not sell the valve any longer and that I have to purchase a retrofit kit for megabucks. I'm looking for any help in finding a valve that will work and, if needed, retrofitting that valve onto my existing cylinder. This is one of their oldest saws (1984) according to their parts guy.
Looks like standard valve parts using swagelock style tube fittings.
Could be a swagelock valve as well.

Remove the cylinder, and get it up on the bench, show more pix.

That's what I'm thinking too. I found out earlier today that they no longer offer repair parts for this so I'm going to clean it up and see if there's any identification marks on the cylinder/valve body. I'm hoping this was an off-the-shelf unit back in the day and someone still offers parts for it. If anyone recognizes it, please chime in.

I pulled the cylinder off and scraped the paint from the valve and found the ID markings. It is an "Easy Read" valve made by Deltrol. It has a Part Number on it also "EFL 10 B". After doing a little research I could not find a listing for the EFL 10 B but found one with EF 10 B on Ebay that was new, old stock for $20.00. I got it in on Friday thinking that if it doesn't work, I'm only out $20.00. I got it installed and works like a champ. Problem solved. This Easy Read valve by Deltrol allows the fluid to flow in one direction with the valve closed (when you raise the saw head) and meters it in the other direction, (when the saw is descending into the workpiece). Pretty cool setup.

Back