What's new
What's new

Opinion on OMTech K-40 Laser Units?

#5 ii Alive!

Aluminum
Are Offshore K-40 Laser Just a Waste of Money?

Hello. I have a very nice Epilog CO-2 laser cutter that works beautifully. I'm going to be needing a laser machine that is strictly an engraver. I have a tiny shop and a limited budget.

I know this question gets asked a lot in forum, but forgive me if I ask it again.

Are the Chinese CO-2 machines between $500-1000 more trouble than they're worth? That's about my max budget right now. Am I fool for even considering one? It's okay to tell me so.

I see these machines all over the place, and the price is attractive of course. I'm thinking that Amazon might have a blowout price on one of these for Black Friday, thus the timeliness of my inquiry.
gRrX25R.jpg

So give it to me straight. How bad are these things? Are you just throwing your money away?

I appreciate your honest opinions. This is not a desperate or immediate need, so I'm just thinking ahead.

Thank You,
#5 is Alive

Attachments

• K40CO2LaserEngraverCuttingMachine_750x.jpg
    K40CO2LaserEngraverCuttingMachine_750x.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I'd be inclined to message redsail on aliexpress your budget. I did that at $2300 and got a hell of a machine, with a chiller, shipping, and tax included.

I'd be inclined to message redsail on aliexpress your budget. I did that at $2300 and got a hell of a machine, with a chiller, shipping, and tax included.
Didnt you also buy a fiber off Aliexpress?
Do you remember who/what you got?

My Omtech device malfunctioned shortly after purchase, and the lack of customer service assistance prompted me to seek a more affordable option with superior quality. Monport exceeded my expectations for a laser machine, and I highly recommend it as a worthy alternative.
My mon[port laser scammer failed before I even got it out of the box, but have to admit this mopwort spammer has successfuly defeated the moderator for post after post after post now, so he may be dumb as a rock but he's smarter than the moderators here.

Back