What's new
What's new

pvc/plastic high frequency welder what to do with?

Shadycreek007

Plastic
I couldn't pass up this frequency welder at auction. It was used to stamp out insoles like a clicker press and it would do some sort of fusion welding. With the market being so narrow on this, I haven't found a buyer. Considering making a nice welding table out of it and parting out the rest. I'm not sure on what I can fetch on parts or even identifying them. The big capacitor looking drum in the middle is heavy, does it have a lot of copper in it? Then there's the other electronics.
sorry for sideways pics, couldn't figure out how to rotate.

Attachments

• freq welder.jpg
    freq welder.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 103
  • freq welder3.jpg
    freq welder3.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 89
  • freq welder2.jpg
    freq welder2.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 72
  • 20190823_112224 (1).jpg
    20190823_112224 (1).jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 71
  • freq welder 1.jpg
    freq welder 1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 64
Found more info on this machine, It is a dual station, dual purpose high freq. cutter and welder all in one. I watched a you tube clip of soccer ball blanks being made. After playing with it testing out a RPC that I just put together, the machine works as it should, ( I think ) I'm going to try to sell on ebay before cannibalizing it and see what happens. But real curious what is in the big capacitor looking object.

If it is just a capacitor, its nothing but super thin aluminum foil and plastic film, most likely with some type of dielectric oil, scrap yard won't pay you squat for it. If you decide to play with it, and its a cap, be VERY careful, that thing looks big enough for lethal voltage.

Back