What's new
What's new

P&H AC Arc Welder TWC 100 value?

wilson_

Plastic
Greets,

This welder has been in family since new (60s)with very little use (all light jobs at home), and I'm tired of lugging it around. I've decided to sell.

Single phase 50/60 cyc
Primary 220V, 16A
Secondary 40V, 75A
Includes 2 rod keepers - 1 full (hold up to 16lbs, 12 - 14" rods)
New stinger, solid leads, solid machine, great for the beginner

Can you please help me place a value on it? Perhaps it will be in your shop soon. Thank you.

Oh, and I had the full pic rotated right side up, but it flipped back sideways when I uploaded. srry.

Attachments

• SUNP1094.jpg
    SUNP1094.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 58
  • SUNP1093.jpg
    SUNP1093.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 64
I gave one like that to a friend. He uses it a couple times a year. Not much to go wrong with it I spose.

If you get someone to give you money for it I'd be surprised.

Would be a good thing to gift to a gearhead teenager.

I like your thinking Gar, may start at $20 on CL then move it to the free bucket.

Don't know any young aspiring gearheads or fabricators or artists? With leads and working I would think it would be worth more than $20, I'm thinking $50 just so you don't attract the scrappies, or you could just gift it to someone you know will use it.

Thanks Dal; I'll go that route. Hoping after Phil makes that drive from Montana, he's willing to cough up $50.

If the leads are not all cracked to perdition, they may amount to the better part of the value. Same taper plugs as the early Millers, yeah?

On a really good day around here I doubt I could see $100 for an old buzz box even if it worked a treat. Kinda a shame, as they seem to just work and keep on working.

Update: Phil you can turnaround. It quickly sold for $50, and he is very happy with his quality machine. Thanks again Dal and all! Got me a full tank of gas, heading to Missoula.

I guess I'm late but if you can make a weld with it you can sell it for $50.

If you have all of the parts but no outlet to prove it works you can get $20.

If you don't have all of the parts it's a gift at best.

Back