What's new
What's new

P&H Welder WNT80

The Sasquatch

Plastic
I recently came across a P&H WNT80 Welder paired to a Wisconsin TF engine. The lady is wanting $450 for it and was curious on how much these welders/engines go for. When I went and looked at the welder I could not get the engine to turn over by hand assuming it’s cause the exhaust was not covered all the way and it’s been sitting out in the weather for 2 months according to her. The spark plugs did have a little rust on them so I figured the engine was froze she did say it turned over 2 months ago but her son fell ill and it’s sat since then. There’s not much on WNT80’s on the web so figured I’d ask here. I will post some pictures below.

E84BF9F9-AE22-4A77-936E-91F651321B26.jpg
95C15341-A68A-4D47-B69A-0D17FAFDD281.jpg
2A4241CD-DA16-48A3-A5B4-83BEFFDB72E9.jpg
B3021DE5-E5E3-4873-B7D1-ED74AAE182EA.jpg
3C025DBB-2F81-4FB9-9E0A-1F95AF9DCC6A.jpg

Last edited:
I have a P&H Bug. Has an Onan, 200 amp. Best portable welder I've ever used. It will weld circles around anything modern.

As far as value, if it were working$3-400. Froze up, $100 tops. The TF is a great motor, but obsolete. Parts will be new old stock or salvaged. I have the same problem with my Onan. Since sCummins bought out Onan, they cut all support for them.

Sent from my rotary dial flip fone

Current value? $200/ton, minus delivery cost to the salvage yard. If you have a need for an engine drive welder, buy a running Lincoln SA200. If you have need for a project, buy a non-running SA200. Either way, you will have something that will sell when you get tired of it and parts are available.

Don't get something odd ball and obsolete, SA200's aren't that much in project condition and you have the most common vintage engine driven welder.

I have a P&H Bug. Has an Onan, 200 amp. Best portable welder I've ever used. It will weld circles around anything modern.

As far as value, if it were working$3-400. Froze up, $100 tops. The TF is a great motor, but obsolete. Parts will be new old stock or salvaged. I have the same problem with my Onan. Since sCummins bought out Onan, they cut all support for them.

Sent from my rotary dial flip fone
The old P&H where fair welders, we had a couple of them years ago. a hundred bucks would be fair, you could pull the head on the engine and check it out, if its only been 2 months I would drought there would be much damage, probably a little penetrant soaking and she would free up.

Back