What's new
What's new

plasma cutter

J. Dicks

Plastic
Would like to know if anyone has a Cebora plasma cutter and what you think of it. All comments welcome. Thanks

Hey Javi what does mesuring tools have to do with plasma cutters? Do you even know what a plasma cutter is?

More China Junk!!!! he posted on a few other links also.
But back to Plasma's ive never herd of them. I have a Thermal Dynics it works great. but ide trade it in a heartbeat for one of the hobart suitcase sized ones. Mine is the size of a Lincond 225am stick machine.( and probabbly weights more) We have the Hobart at work, and it really does work great, cuts up to 1/2 steel. and runs off 120V.
The only bad one ive ever used and didn't like was Made by Centry. it had about a 20 sec cool off time between restarting the arch, and it was a real pain. esp, when cutting screen material.

Cebora is a big Italian company.
http://www.cebora.it/ing/indexs.htm
They make tons and tons of welders and plasma cutters, used on commercial jobs all over europe.
Its good quality stuff, and built much better than the chinese crapola Harbor Freight is selling.

But, and its a big but- virtually no support in the USA. Moscow, or Auckland, or Sofia Bulgaria, yeah. But here, not much.
That means almost no name recognition, resale value, repairman experience, parts availability, and so on.

Buy at your own risk.
If you are a home hobby type, and can wait 3 weeks for parts, or are willing to learn technical italian and pay for fed ex shipments from Bologna, no problem.

If you want to work this thing for money, forget it. Buy a Thermal Dynamics or Hypertherm.

Some fancy imports are worth buying- I have a few extremely oddball machines myself, which require parts to be made to order in Germany or Italy- but they are simpler and more robust than a plasma cutter, and they dont require consumables.
TD or Hypertherm parts and consumables are available at virtually every welding supply store in america.

Back