What's new
What's new

Which plastic welder to keep for just anything in the shop? W/ or W/O compressor?

Mohawk Dave

Plastic
Hey all,

I believe this is under the correct forum.

Hard to find info on this exact question. A forum about fish tanks had a little, but alas...

I've picked up some plastic welders over the last couple years because I'm a tool hound. I don't have a specific need, but I can foresee projects in the future: motorcycle fenders, spray tanks, cool ideas, whatever....

So, I have 2 Seelye Plastic welders. One that you hook up your own air compressor to, and one that is self contained with it's own air compressor. They are $500 and $1,100 respectively.

Usually more expensive is better, but I don't know much about plastic welding. I would think that self contained would be easier especially if you are doing something in the field. Just want to make sure of the unknown.

Can anyone shed light? Which one to keep? Here are the links for review.

Item # 270-11002, Model 63 Series On Seelye Acquisitions, Inc.

Item # 270-11167, Model 63 Series On Seelye Acquisitions, Inc.

Thanks, MD

Edit: I've also flipped a handful of Leister Triac ST Heat Guns, but I thought those were more for flooring and roofing. Is that something that can do what I'm talking about, and should I sell both of these and just grab another Leister when I see it? But those are much larger and seem unwieldy for small projects.

Attachments

• DSCN6764.jpg
    DSCN6764.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 45

Back