What's new
What's new

Pneumatic weld planisher manufactures

turnworks

Cast Iron
Looking into one and not coming up with much. Ive used them in the past but never looked to see who the maker was. Really prefer brand new even if I have to modify it.

I have a feeling it will have to be either custom made or at least modified for my needs. Thin wall cylinders ranging from .015"-.060" and diameters from .800"-5.000" .500"-3.000" long. Mostly stainless and nickel alloy material. Guessing a hand full of different mandrels for the sizes and also a changeable anvil with metal and plastic heads. Must be foot operated.

No hydraulic planisher please I don't use run off tabs and have had bad results with them. Might just be operator error though.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the link. I don't think the rolling with pressure will work but may look back into it again.

turnworks the pressure can be up to 20,00 lbs and if the bead profile is low enough any length and diameter planishers are a good options. Aluminum is the easiest to planish as compared to Inconnel. The key is a low bead profile. They will run samples for you.

Back