What's new
What's new

Press Bending Tubes see the diffrence

1953chevB

Cast Iron
Once in a an other life I worked on schedule 40 & 80 pipe , Material was Hastelloy, Waspaloy, Inconel 718
Gage all thickness aluminum all types, Gage all Thickness Stainless Steel , all manual machines was in this shop , No CNC controls
no computers existed then, The management would push us all to try rush the forming and that's how guys lost fingers.
Now I know better, it was not the easy stuff like making flat pattern computer boxes and brackets, it was forming
heavy pipe.

All CNC Control, look a the job cycle it's slow but precise.
the Press Brake | JMT Brake Forming Cylinder with Specialized Tooling - YouTube

Second video see any thing wrong
JINQIU 1600T CNC hydraulic press brake bending 30mm thickness oil pipe - YouTube

Stay safe

edit: this was not the end then the parts had to be bumped again to the gap for welding and semi round them up.
swage dies the pipe, across the bed of the machines, with steady rest, my job as a rookie would be help the
journey man to steady the pipe as he swaged it. I always wore gloves, it helped a little.
and to help load and unload manual, no over head cranes, management sucked.
after weld Post Heat treat and clean (Alkaline etch heated tank), then off to the extruded draw the dies would
round up the parts and hold tight dimeter tolerance, heh what a gig.

I always wanted bottoming radius tooling for the press brake (and a dishing press).

But it's probably good I don't have any of that stuff because most of my projects that would use it would be rockets and pressure tanks.

I always wanted bottoming radius tooling for the press brake (and a dishing press).

But it's probably good I don't have any of that stuff because most of my projects that would use it would be rockets and pressure tanks.
stuff we made back then was for the chemical and oil industries

Once in a an other life I worked on schedule 40 & 80 pipe , Material was Hastelloy, Waspaloy, Inconel 718
Gage all thickness aluminum all types, Gage all Thickness Stainless Steel , all manual machines was in this shop , No CNC controls
no computers existed then, The management would push us all to try rush the forming and that's how guys lost fingers.
Now I know better, it was not the easy stuff like making flat pattern computer boxes and brackets, it was forming
heavy pipe.

All CNC Control, look a the job cycle it's slow but precise.
the Press Brake | JMT Brake Forming Cylinder with Specialized Tooling - YouTube

Second video see any thing wrong
JINQIU 1600T CNC hydraulic press brake bending 30mm thickness oil pipe - YouTube

Stay safe

edit: this was not the end then the parts had to be bumped again to the gap for welding and semi round them up.
swage dies the pipe, across the bed of the machines, with steady rest, my job as a rookie would be help the
journey man to steady the pipe as he swaged it. I always wore gloves, it helped a little.
and to help load and unload manual, no over head cranes, management sucked.
after weld Post Heat treat and clean (Alkaline etch heated tank), then off to the extruded draw the dies would
round up the parts and hold tight dimeter tolerance, heh what a gig.
Employees inside a steel press in China - YouTube

Back