What's new
What's new

PROMECAM ITP2 press brake issue

MonopolyGuy

Plastic
Hello guys,

I'm not very familiar with the forum rules, but I would like to say hi to everyone here!!
Unfortunately my first post is not as optimistic as it might seem.
Some time ago, I bought PROMECAM press brake, model ITP/ITP2.I knew it had a faulty cylinders, so they were fixed.
In the meantime, I have changed CNC control panel, I bought new tooling clamps and new tools. Basically, complete machine overhaul.
Everything was put back together, but the problem is, that machine is not working very well - mechanically.
It's not bending evenly, and there's always a different clearance between left and right side. Everything was checked again, by few service man from AMADA, but they seem NOT to know a lot about such an old machines. They cannot provide any manuals, and i was left alone with the problem.
They just told me, to align the "rams" (sorry i don't speak english very well, but the picture attached to post should clear things out), and that's it. They even adviced me, to scrap the machine, and buy something new..right.
Oh, and one more thing, before putting out the cylinders from the press, the moving elements ("rams") were very tight, providing even pressure on the steel block in the middle. Now, one of them "sticks" to the block quite well, but the second one is moving freely, touching the block just a bit.
There are 4 rams in the press, and 2 steel blocks. You can see it on the pictures.

For me, it shouldn't be like that, but the AMADA guys told me it doesn't matter at all.
I've heard a lot of good things about those press brakes, and I would like to fix it.
Can anyone help me with this?
Maybe You can provide a manual, or something.
Anything will be helpful!!

20150329_200728.jpgPromecam1.jpg

The roller bearings in your pic provide front - back alignment, they want to be just snug to the plate - bed there guiding.

My guess is thoes 4 arms are what guides - forces the bed to stay parrelel, if there not aligned right it could well be the cause of your 4mm diffrence, would expect the pivots they rotate on to have some kinda adjustment, (eccentric maybe??) pull one off and work out how. because i think thats how your going to solve that part of the problem.

Hi, MonopolyGuy

I've played with mine on my promecam RG-103 but i'm not an expert. I was bending more on the right. If you measure the bed plate to the top plate you need to be identical on both side. I've played with the left eccentrics then cycle the press a few time then measure, then repeat as needed. I had 1mm on mine. You with 4 mm maybe you will need to move both eccentric (left and right) to have good result. Try using a indicator to see if they move exactly the same. You can also measure the both side when the bed is at it's top position to see if the bed stay square. It's a trial and error process. Be sure to not over tighten the eccentric to the cylinder it will bind the machine.

Hi again,

Thanks for help. I'll try to work with that.
Altered, do You have by any chance manual for Your press brake?
RG and ITP seem be the same, despite of few details.

yes but it's very limited as mechanical aspect is concern. The only part that is interesting is the intermediate (punch holder) compensation. I won't be able to send all the manual as I only have the paper version but I can send you some pics of what is important, just send me your e-mail in pm.

Hello guys,

I'm not very familiar with the forum rules, but I would like to say hi to everyone here!!
Unfortunately my first post is not as optimistic as it might seem.
Some time ago, I bought PROMECAM press brake, model ITP/ITP2.I knew it had a faulty cylinders, so they were fixed.
In the meantime, I have changed CNC control panel, I bought new tooling clamps and new tools. Basically, complete machine overhaul.
Everything was put back together, but the problem is, that machine is not working very well - mechanically.
It's not bending evenly, and there's always a different clearance between left and right side. Everything was checked again, by few service man from AMADA, but they seem NOT to know a lot about such an old machines. They cannot provide any manuals, and i was left alone with the problem.
They just told me, to align the "rams" (sorry i don't speak english very well, but the picture attached to post should clear things out), and that's it. They even adviced me, to scrap the machine, and buy something new..right.
Oh, and one more thing, before putting out the cylinders from the press, the moving elements ("rams") were very tight, providing even pressure on the steel block in the middle. Now, one of them "sticks" to the block quite well, but the second one is moving freely, touching the block just a bit.
There are 4 rams in the press, and 2 steel blocks. You can see it on the pictures.

For me, it shouldn't be like that, but the AMADA guys told me it doesn't matter at all.
I've heard a lot of good things about those press brakes, and I would like to fix it.
Can anyone help me with this?
Maybe You can provide a manual, or something.
Anything will be helpful!!

View attachment 153503View attachment 153504

yes but it's very limited as mechanical aspect is concern. The only part that is interesting is the intermediate (punch holder) compensation. I won't be able to send all the manual as I only have the paper version but I can send you some pics of what is important, just send me your e-mail in pm.

Hi all,
I have an identical issue with an amada promecam, identical setup as in this thread. I have 5mm of a difference between both sides. Could anybody advise on adjustment? I am not familiar with these machines. Any help would be appreciated I know this is an old post,

Cheers

good afternoon.
I have a promecam rg 103. In the middle of the flange, it does not bend about 3 degrees. you say you have a photo of the interim compensation. I don't understand how it works. please send a photo to me at [email protected]
I will be grateful to you.

Back