What's new
What's new

Promecam Press Brake Help Needed!

lacalero

Plastic
Hello
I have a Promecam RG 104 100 ton about 13ft in length manufacture date 1974.The problem I have is that the right side of the lower beam sat about .375 lower than the left side I was able to jack up the right side and rotate the lower right side cam clockwise about 25 deg. now the beam sits .188 lower better but still a problem.I have bought 2 different manuals but neither one gets into any detail about adjustments I also called Amada about this issue but did not get any help. Also do the graduated drums on either end of the lower beam have any thing to do with this adjustment. Any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated.
Thank You

I had the same problem with mine. I think it happens when someone press to hard on one side of the press. I've straighten it up with the cam as you did. If you are at max setting on one side you can loosen the other side a bit. My press didn't had the drum, but I suppose it some kind of stop to prevent upsetting the straightness when bending on one side. In the manual it's important that you reset the intermediate as the manual, after you play with the cam to get the final ajustement. The manual is relatively clear on how to setup intermediate.

I had the same problem with mine. I think it happens when someone press to hard on one side of the press. I've straighten it up with the cam as you did. If you are at max setting on one side you can loosen the other side a bit. My press didn't had the drum, but I suppose it some kind of stop to prevent upsetting the straightness when bending on one side. In the manual it's important that you reset the intermediate as the manual, after you play with the cam to get the final ajustement. The manual is relatively clear on how to setup intermediate.

What Manual do you have? The two manuals I've bought do not get into any adjustments nothing more than user manuals.

What Manual do you have? The two manuals I've bought do not get into any adjustments nothing more than user manuals.

They don't talk about the cam adjustment in the manual, I've juste use good trial and errors... It's not to complicated you juste need the allen big enough.

Back