What's new
What's new

Punch press air valve question

steveonmars

Plastic
Hi,

Just signed up.

I just bought 2 small punch presses for my home shop. One has a valve on the air manifold on the back of the press that releases the air pressure and raises the ram when there is no more pressure. This part is missing on the other press and I have no idea what it's called or where to buy one. It's a brass cylinder about 3" long and 1" in diameter with lines of holes on the sides to release the air. This could also be just a filter and not what releases the air itself so if anyone knows that could you please let me know. When I took it off and plugged the air in air leaked out of the hole it was mounted in so it seems it might not be just a filter. I've included a couple pictures.

when I cycle the press whatever it is that releases the air does it very slowly so it takes about 20 seconds for the ram to finally raise up. If anyone knows if this is a valve is what controls that or just a filter please let me know. If you know what I need to do to speed up the air release please let me know that if you can.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20191226_140050.jpg
    20191226_140050.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 20191226_140043.jpg
    20191226_140043.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 44
Thanks. I figured out the delay, it was the foot pedal switch. The part I'm looking for has to be just a filter. I'll check out Ross and Mcmaster-Carr

Back