pvc/plastic high frequency welder what to do with?
Close
Login to Your Account
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default pvc/plastic high frequency welder what to do with?

I couldn't pass up this frequency welder at auction. It was used to stamp out insoles like a clicker press and it would do some sort of fusion welding. With the market being so narrow on this, I haven't found a buyer. Considering making a nice welding table out of it and parting out the rest. I'm not sure on what I can fetch on parts or even identifying them. The big capacitor looking drum in the middle is heavy, does it have a lot of copper in it? Then there's the other electronics.
    sorry for sideways pics, couldn't figure out how to rotate.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails freq-welder.jpg   freq-welder3.jpg   freq-welder2.jpg   20190823_112224-1-.jpg   freq-welder-1.jpg  

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Found more info on this machine, It is a dual station, dual purpose high freq. cutter and welder all in one. I watched a you tube clip of soccer ball blanks being made. After playing with it testing out a RPC that I just put together, the machine works as it should, ( I think ) I'm going to try to sell on ebay before cannibalizing it and see what happens. But real curious what is in the big capacitor looking object.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If it is just a capacitor, its nothing but super thin aluminum foil and plastic film, most likely with some type of dielectric oil, scrap yard won't pay you squat for it. If you decide to play with it, and its a cap, be VERY careful, that thing looks big enough for lethal voltage.

4. Likes Shadycreek007 liked this post