What's new
What's new

Question about Hypertherm HT2000LHF

nerdboy

Plastic
Hello,

Hi folks. I am new here and just want to say hello. I am a tinkster and not a fabricator.

I am looking at purchasing a like new barely used 1998 Hypertherm HT2000LHF plasma cutting system from a local business where I live. Does anyone have any information on what the difference between the HT2000 and the HT2000LHF is? I can't find any info online.

Then does anyone know what I should offer to purchase it for and how much it is actually worth? They are bundling a bunch of new regulators, torch, remote current controller etc.

Thanks in advance and any advice will help.

Call Hypertherm direct. That is very old technology. 200A machine and 21 years old with little run time. What process replaced it?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Call Hypertherm direct. That is very old technology. 200A machine and 21 years old with little run time. What process replaced it?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

They are going out of business and owner is deceased. More of a business estate sale now. I think they were using some other machine for cutting. I think they got a better deal on another machine.

I don't know the difference between the two models. That said it would be wise to call Hypertherm as mentioned above and find out of parts and consumables are still available for the subject machine. You don't want to purchase a White Elephant or a Unicorn. I've done that in the past to my sorrow.

I'm not familiar with the 'LHF' suffix, but we sold a used HT2000 unit in 2016 for $6,300. That included the HT2000 power unit, the plasma torch head, a pneumatic center punch head, an oxy-fuel head, all the plumbing & valving, a Burny 3 controller, plus gantry & rails. Not included was the water table it had been mounted over. While the HT2000 has been around for a long time, they still have pretty solid support. I'd be much more concerned about the controller on the unit. In our case the Burny 3 had been a real bear to try to find parts / service for.

Looking at the user manual (avail online)
it looks like a hot rodded max 200, able to use oxygen.

Back