What's new
What's new

question re: linde VI 206 mig

mobile_bob

Stainless
i recently picked up a union carbide, linde
mig welder, it is a base power supply and a moveable feeder assy that sets on top.

i have had a linde 225 all in one unit for years and have a question on the new to me but old linde vi 206

it has a rotary crank on the front that changes the voltage, i follow what that is for, but,,

it also has a dial reostat that controls inductance, or at least that is what is labeled above the knob, it is number min 1-9 max.

what is the inductance function?

also is there anyone here that has one, that could clue me in on its operation?

bob g

I had a Linde engine driven MIG that had inductance settings on a dial. As I recall, they were "heat" settings, somewhat like the taps on a lot of older machines. This was a big 300 amp unit for welding pipe that used .045 wire in small 5 lb rolls.

Bob, here is a read on inductance:
http://www.esabna.com/EUWeb/MIG_handbook/592mig3_6.htm

HWooldridge, the 5 pound spools does not compute. My 200 amp Hobart uses 33 pound spools.

MobileBob, I have the same machine; very good welder, but more suited to production type welding (i.e. set it and forget it.) For this reason, I don't use it much, I use my Miller 250 most of the time. If you need parts or service, let me know and I'll hook you up with my friend here in Roswell; He spent a month looking for the schematic and finding the parts, but now has the source identified.
Jimbo

Mike,

This rig dated from the 1970's and was not constructed like a typical shop MIG with large rolls. It had a portable box that you carried to the weld area. The feed cables from the power unit were attached to the back of the box with only about 6 feet of cable on the gun side. The gun was a 400 amp model, very heavy duty and had the option of running water for cooling (we did not use that). In practice, you hauled the box over to the work and got it as close as possible since you only had 6 feet of gun cable. The wire feeder was rated to drive large wire, over .045, but that was the biggest size we used in it.

hey i need a manual also for this vi206 and a .23 and .30 knurled wheel

MobileBob, I have the same machine; very good welder, but more suited to production type welding (i.e. set it and forget it.) For this reason, I don't use it much, I use my Miller 250 most of the time. If you need parts or service, let me know and I'll hook you up with my friend here in Roswell; He spent a month looking for the schematic and finding the parts, but now has the source identified.
Jimbo
hey i need a manual also and a knurled feed wheel for .23 and .30 FOR THE VI 206 LINDE if anyone can help let me know

Last edited:

Back