What's new
What's new

Rect to round layout program

Bondo

Hot Rolled
I dont do sq/rect to rounds often, but when I do, I really need a program. I have been getting away with really nice free programs for years but now I either cant access the programs or cant find them.

I downloaded a program called plate n sheet, but they want $1,000 for it and it's not worth dropping that kind of money on a really good program right now. Seems it is a really good fit for me though.

Who uses a good program that can handle bending and dimension layouts for sq/rect to round in straight and offset versions?

I need to bend a 1 5/8 x 4 1/16 ID rect to a 6" ID round with only a height of 6". In 1/8 thick stainless. Obviously a 2 or 4 seam layout.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

looking at this stuff....hmmm, is this something that is downloaded into the press brake computer and tells the ram and the back gauge what to do and says what shape to cut the plate prior to welding ???

You can draw it in the program and export it to cad to plasma cut it. But as far as bending, that's all experience. As far as I know, there is no CNC controlled cone bender. I can adjust the pitch on my rams, but its constant. And since the first bend is different then the rest, it doesnt work out the way you want it to.

This rect to round is very small at only 6" long, so it will be a challenge to make. Since I need to do a 90* bend on 1 end and a 9* bend on the other end.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

looking at this stuff....hmmm, is this something that is downloaded into the press brake computer and tells the ram and the back gauge what to do and says what shape to cut the plate prior to welding ???

You are dreaming there. Program that gives you flat pattern and bending program is a wee bit over $1000.00 (cough cough). I do a lot of sheet metal in Solidworks and to get anything useful out of it you need to put a lot of info in. Bend radius? or bend deduction? Punch radius and die opening all come into play. HRPO or Stainless? Air bend aluminum? Does what it wants sometimes.
I make a lot of parts with 4 to 6 bends and many bends index from a bent edge. Sh*t happens. Any new material or even another batch of the same material needs a test cupon cut and bent. BUT, I am air bending 100%. Bottom bending is different, but close.

Back