What's new
What's new

Replace control board in CNC

jonkovach

Plastic
I have a 25 year old AXYZ 6000 series machine. Two of them, in fact.

I have been tossing around the idea of buying new machines for a long time now, but it seems that I can just replaced many of the parts on them and keep them running with no problems. New blowers, rails, boards, motors, etc... all this can be done, and I can replace with top-of-the-line parts for much less than a new, comparable router system.

The one snafu is this:
051116: A2MC Controller Rev.18a - CNCShop US

I am told, by AXYZ, that once this goes in my machine... I'm done.

Is this something that someone out there can repair... replace... rebuild? Put in a totally new one to run the steppers, and so on, but I might have to use different CNC software (currently using VCarve)...?

Looking for any help at all.
Thanks,
Jon

I have a 25 year old AXYZ 6000 series machine. Two of them, in fact.

I have been tossing around the idea of buying new machines for a long time now, but it seems that I can just replaced many of the parts on them and keep them running with no problems. New blowers, rails, boards, motors, etc... all this can be done, and I can replace with top-of-the-line parts for much less than a new, comparable router system.

The one snafu is this:
051116: A2MC Controller Rev.18a - CNCShop US

I am told, by AXYZ, that once this goes in my machine... I'm done.

Is this something that someone out there can repair... replace... rebuild? Put in a totally new one to run the steppers, and so on, but I might have to use different CNC software (currently using VCarve)...?

Looking for any help at all.
Thanks,
Jon

Jon;
You would do well to replace the control with something off-the-shelf.. Many out there.
You could pull a control off a scrapyard machine, or go centroid, Gekko-drive.. try Automation Direct.
If you like the iron, there is nothing stopping you.
Except having to figure it all out.

Back