What's new
What's new

Scotchman Porta Fab 45 Die Clearance

ems

Plastic
I'm considering the Scotchman Porta Fab 45 for punching 1mm 6061 but clearance will be about .006 to .008. Are the punch and die holders able to keep the tools sufficiently stationary for this type of use? I could see making my own die holder to fix any issues so I am more concerned about the punch holder.

We use Uni Hydro and Scotchmen Iron workers, nothing as small as the 45, that said we have had both Uni Hydro and Cleveland punch and die build us custom clearance and diameter punch and die sets. with clearance engineered for material both very thick and very thin.

Also call cleveland punch and die and talk to them about the proper die clearances you should get to match your ironworker.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My Geka runs .031 clearance, in my opinion it would takes some balls to put .006-.008 clearance tooling in it. You don't mention how large of a hole you're punching but it it's 1 inch or under I think you would be much better off picking up a used kick press. Very fast and made for light sheet, punching .040 ali takes very little effort. Just my two cents.

Back