What's new
What's new

Small Footprint Fiber Laser

Michellerobynn

Plastic
Hi,

Can anyone advise as to what companies might manufacturer smaller bed fiber lasers? I’m looking to etch metals and possibly cut .25” aluminum. Shop size is small but budget is reasonable.

Thank you,
Michelle

piranha had a smaller conveyor laser punch drill machine. Not sure if they still have it or it went to Whitney line (same company). Trumpf trulaser 1000 is really small foot print, not sure if it has the umph to do what you want. They likely sell upgraded laser resonators. It is laser welder, cutter, marker machine. Trumpfs will be more accurate, Piranha's will withstand shop abuse.

Kern makes a pretty small fiber, but .25 aluminum will be a multi-kilowatt system, which limits how small you can be.

Reasonable in the case means $200k, correct?

Bodor has a small 48 x 54? bed fiber laser that is fully enclosed. Max Photonics or IPG fiber laser source. Prob any power level up to 3kw? Yes, Chinese company but I bought mine from a US importer (1500mmX 3000mm bed). Saw them at Eastech last month as they now have a direct presence in the US, sales as well as tech support.

IPG Photonics makes a 4' X 4' flat bed cutter to any power level you need. They are made in MA, almost in your back yard.

Bodor has a small 48 x 54? bed fiber laser that is fully enclosed. Max Photonics or IPG fiber laser source. Prob any power level up to 3kw? Yes, Chinese company but I bought mine from a US importer (1500mmX 3000mm bed). Saw them at Eastech last month as they now have a direct presence in the US, sales as well as tech support.

Which one did you get and how did that whole process play out with purchasing and importing? Also, have you had any problems with the machine in the few months since you posted?

Which one did you get and how did that whole process play out with purchasing and importing? Also, have you had any problems with the machine in the few months since you posted?

I purchased from a West coast importer who did a complete package deal. Price was for machine delivered to my East coast shop and complete installation and training. I had to unload and get it in the building. I do have some problems with the installation but think Bodor may have a tech take care of it. I can cut up to 11 gauge SS with clean bright edges, not 10 gauge (NITROGEN). Appears to be some particles inside the head from installation, scattering a bit of the beam.

Back