What's new
What's new

Induction Heater - searching for model and info

spooky

Aluminum
Hey All,

I bought what was listed as an induction heater when it fell to a price I could justify inffin' it doesn't work.

I have a recurring job hardening parts and typically use an oxy-propane rig. An induction heater would be so much nicer!

Anyhow, there isn't a model number that I can find anywhere on it. I haven't had any luck so far finding or contacting Modern Machine Development Corp. (found one phone # but doesn't appear to be working) There is a model # on the control, but that hasn't garnered any info at this point either.

Pics attached. If any of you all welders, heaters and bangers can tell me what model or anything about this machine I sure would appreciate it. One pic shows where a tag came off the top of the unit. I am guessing that was the model # tag.

Thanks for any info!

Best,

CE

induction heater 1.jpg

induction heater 2.jpg

induction heater 3.jpg

The key is that the controller on the right is an Entron EN1000. See here: EN1000/EN1001 Multiple and LDC - Entron Controls Unfortunately the link to the English manual seems broken but you can see the Spanish one is there and it looks comprehensive. I'd contact Entron and see if they know anything about configuring the controller for induction heating. I guess you haven't tried it yet since the wire on the back is still cut?

The key is that the controller on the right is an Entron EN1000. See here: EN1000/EN1001 Multiple and LDC - Entron Controls Unfortunately the link to the English manual seems broken but you can see the Spanish one is there and it looks comprehensive. I'd contact Entron and see if they know anything about configuring the controller for induction heating. I guess you haven't tried it yet since the wire on the back is still cut?

Well, I did get a hold of someone at Tri-state resistance welding products, they are supposed to have someone who may know something call me back.

Thank you for the EN 1000 link! I couldn't find that myself. Don't know why. The lady at tri-state told me that entron is trying to phase out that control. Maybe why they don't list the manual in english???

Correct, I have not tried it yet. Just info gathering at this point

Okay! So it is a spot welder formerly used by GE in their jet engine plant. Not a induction heater as I had hoped. Ah well, easy come, easy go.........

the old american brands of induction heaters were nice machines, and often sold for between $25,000 and $100,000.
Nowadays, you can buy chinese ones on ebay for under a grand.
I have known three different guys who imported the chinese ones, and were US reps, at a higher price than the crapshoot of buying on ebay.
I know at least 2 dozen blacksmiths who use these daily- either the ones sold by US reps, or direct from china.
Both seem to work just fine- I have friends who still use em daily that are 15 or more years old.

so- if you are brave, just order one off ebay.

there are tons of em under $500 new, that are made for heating and heat treating, you can roll your own copper tubing heating elements to fit your project exactly.

Back