What's new
What's new

software advice for Burny 2.5 please?

Hi,
We have just bought a second hand profile cutter. It has a Burny 2.5 CNC controller on it and I have just installed a USB adapter to this. We are drawing simple drawings to be cut out on the profile cutter (different shapes out of 20mm and 25mm Hardox material). We have Solidworks that nobody can use. We also have Autocad 2007 which we can use but don't know how to get the drawing installed onto the Burny. I have been told that we need software converter that will output the drawing to G-code.

Is this correct? Can we output to any other language? What is the best software to outputing to the correct code? And, we don't mind buying a different drawing software if it is simple to use and will output to the correct code so we can just save it to a USB stick, insert it into the Burny and cut.

As you can probably see I am kind of stuck so any help would be most appreciated.
Cheers

Most any CNC profiler including the Burny will accept DXF files directly. Simply save your Autocad files as DXF. You may have to save them to an older version, say Autocad 12 for example. No third party software should be required. Refer to your manual on how to download from a PC.

I use SolidWorks and Burny 3 (not familiar with 2.5) every day and have been doing so for nearly 9 years. If the Burny can receive DXF direct, it's news to me. We convert profiles to *.cnc via SigmaNest, then send it to the Burny. As far as I know, yes you do need an intermediate program. There are cheaper choices out there than SigmaNest. Try SheetCam. If you don't like using SolidWorks, download a copy of DraftSight for you 2D part creation (Free CAD software * for your DWG files: DraftSight - Dassault Systèmes).

We have a 2.8 which is the same as a 2.5 except has the axis drives in the same cabinet.
The Burny accepts programs written in ESSI or WADR which is a standard language for profilers.
WADR is G code I think.
Whatever you do don`t leave the computer connected when you`re cutting if you have a plasma head on the machine.
If you PM me I can send you the 2.5manual where it`s all explained.

Whatever you do don`t leave the computer connected when you`re cutting if you have a plasma head on the machine..

Yup,
neighbor's fab shop has the same, and I put my computer friend in touch
with them to string a line (cat 5) from the office, out to burn machine, as
the floppy disc drive had died.

When he was all done, I said "So how did you handle the high freq/high voltage
from the 150 amp plasma ?"

His jaw dropped, he did some grumbling, then found a fiber optic isolation device.

Software advice

thanks for sharing useful information about the software.... This could fine to know things on this by the newbies....

Realize old thread but soes anyone have info on putting a port on the 2.5 to connect to computer.

Which was a "software" question....Yours is a "HArdware" question....

You really need to start a new thread.

Suggest:
"How to add a port to a Burny 2.5 CNC plasma cutter"

Back