What's new
What's new

Sourcing perforated steel square tube?

huleo

Hot Rolled
We have some racks to build in the shop and I believe perforated tube is the best solution. However, I cannot find one supplier that has this that is even remotely local. And because we don't need that much of it, and the exciting inflation biz, I am concerned we are in for quite an ankle grab here.

I found one place online that was like $2/lb which is just insane.

We have some racks to build in the shop and I believe perforated tube is the best solution. However, I cannot find one supplier that has this that is even remotely local. And because we don't need that much of it, and the exciting inflation biz, I am concerned we are in for quite an ankle grab here.

So, basically square tube sign posts, right? Grainger has them. TAPCO Sign Post, Square, 12 ft x 2 in x 2 in, Steel, Silver, Sign Post Finish Galvanized - 35ZP22'|'1603-00004 - Grainger

Edit: I know Grainger is expensive. I'm not saying that's where you should buy the stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

No, really need to have true 3x3 perf tube. Unistrut is like a 3 sided material. Usually very strong but won't resist torsion the same way.

No, really need to have true 3x3 perf tube. Unistrut is like a 3 sided material. Usually very strong but won't resist torsion the same way.

....and you think $2 lb is expensive for this ?

From what I used to pay a year ago at $.38/lb, yes I sure do! I realize there are those saying "you are lucky to get it at all".... I am not one of those guys.

From what I used to pay a year ago at $.38/lb, yes I sure do! I realize there are those saying "you are lucky to get it at all".... I am not one of those guys.
Everything has gone through the roof. Look at the price of lumber. 7/16" OSB was $45 dollars when I went to Lowe's the other day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Was this pulled from a dumpster ?
new Hot rolled angle in small qty's was $1.00 lb 2 years ago.

Digger, I appreciate your asshole, dickhead response and reminds me why I rarely visit here. I always comes with your prick response. Certain characters, including the site owner are complete pricks, but hey, throw those knives where you can in the virtual world.

But yes, I must have been stealing steel at my low volume rates. Jeez...... I think you are the one getting scammed.

Really, don't even waste the keystrokes replying. I don't care. I know you are a grade A dick and live it out in ED land! How about you just put me on your "do not reply list"? Cause you can't. Your a grade A dick that can't do'r....

Since this rack is going to be used a business shop. Look into the lability of making you own rack system. If the rack fails and someone gets injured, your on the hook. If this is the case, just bite the bullet and buy some engineered racks. One injury claim could easily cost more than bought racks, plus the increase cost of the insurance rate.

Digger, I appreciate your asshole, dickhead response and reminds me why I rarely visit here. I always comes with your prick response. Certain characters, including the site owner are complete pricks, but hey, throw those knives where you can in the virtual world.

But yes, I must have been stealing steel at my low volume rates. Jeez...... I think you are the one getting scammed.

Really, don't even waste the keystrokes replying. I don't care. I know you are a grade A dick and live it out in ED land! How about you just put me on your "do not reply list"? Cause you can't. Your a grade A dick that can't do'r....

Hey now....please don't hold back....:D

Back