What's new
What's new

Storage on top of a Syncrowave. For the ground wire, pedal, etc. Anybody do this?

rons

Diamond
I bought a couple of sheets of this Tivar 1000 in white color. The idea at first was just like a kitchen cabinet with no fronts.
If the bottom shelf is high enough to clear that "lifting eye" then I could get 2 shelves and the top of the machine to store items.

Since I already store the ground wire, torch, pedal on top in boxes, might as well make it look neat.

There would be two sides, two shelves, and a back to keep the structure from racking. It would be light enough to lift off in case
the sheet metal cover(s) have to be removed.

Last edited:
On top in boxes sounds like a PITA. My welders are on carts with 1" square tubing 'Christmas trees' on both front corners to loop cables over. Right there handy to uncoil for use.

Just the original boxes for the peddle, torch. I found a cardboard box for the ground cable.
My machine is on a cart and so is the tank. The top of the regulator gauge is 18" higher than the top of the machine.
That chunk of space (22" x 22" (base of top) and 18" high can be used to store gear on shelves.

I'm not sure this is what you asked, but here is my solution to the foot pedal and all the other 'stuff'. It's in a drawer below the welder and above the water cooler.

Stuart

PS...better look up "Peddle" sir!

Tigweldercart.jpg

I built my own runner. The Miller cart is stronger than mine because it has two big wheels at the back end. Can hold two gas bottles.
Drawback is that it is too wide to move through a doorway.

Instead of the two wagon wheels at the rear end I used two wheels underneath and under the machine. The back platform is supporting a bottle
and still I can't make the front wheels budge off the floor if I stand on the rear platform. That space below the machine can have a drawer
or a shelf.

DSC_0666.jpg

DSC_0667.jpg

I made my own running gear with angle iron and heavy wheels.

DSC_1143.jpg

The Miller front handles are one piece and curved. I made mine with two pieces of bar and a very long hex head bolt.

DSC_1142.jpg

This a proto with scrap plywood and some fasteners I made. Tremendous strength and everything comes apart.
I could cut it down, change the shelf height, round the front edges. Later make the final version from HDPE.
Any opinions? Or do something different? I'm asking because this idea has been on my mind for years.

The thin storage tray on the machine reminds me of a cash drawer.

DSC_1144.JPG

DSC_1145.jpg

(BTW, don't go to Home Depot for good plywood. This stuff was supposed to be birch plywood. One side might be called good :ack2:
and the other side has a bunch of voids patched and smoothed with light brown bondo. This stuff is from 30 years ago.)

Back