What's new
What's new

syncro 250 DX coolant pressure switch question

vanguard machine

Stainless
...and the fun continues [emoji2359]

how an 8 year old 6k welder fails so often is really beyond me.
running scratch start all day yesterday, everything was great.
Turned on the welder this morning to finish up the last of 1 million pieces I had to finish for a customer pick up this morning and of course the welder throws an HLP-19 fault (no or low pressure on coolant)

there is 5v coming from board to pressure switch and running a jumper on switch leads gives a FLO reading again so assuming switch somehow died at the absolute worst possible time.

Replacing the switch is easy, I'll start looking for one with the proper specs. but for now does anybody see any issues with me running with the thing jumpered?

(edit)
forgot to mention that i just flushed and refilled coolant a few weeks ago and filter is clear.
also with pressure switch jumped coolant is absolutely flowing through torch and returning to tank with seemingly normal pressure.
also hooked an cut off old torch hose to supply side and ran into a bucket and i'm getting good flow rate so coolant is circulating
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an older Dynasty and a much older syncro 500, neither of them have coolant sensors. Seems like if you're flowing you're good, just my 2 cents

I’ve got an older 250 DX that absolutely does not have anything to prevent welding current passing through a hose when water isn’t circulating. Water-cooled torches fail fairly immediately and spectacularly without water in the hose, so I can see why Miller would have added such a circuit. As long as water is present, I agree that you can just jump that circuit, keep the machine happy and carry on. You can also keep the circuit jumped and swap to a dedicated fusible link. I believe both CK Worldwide and Weldcraft offer such a product. They go between the output lug on the machine and the torch and are meant to save the torch and lines by melting before the hose does.

Be safe

Jeremy

Back