What's new
What's new

TECNA Spot welders. Opinions?

surplusjohn

Diamond
We are considering a Few Tecna (chinese from Snow) spot welders. A 50 kva rocker and mabe also a 50 kva press type. 2 stage. Solid state contactor etc. Mostly 20 to 22 ga crs and galv. Some heavier crs. These would be in addition to our older foot operated welders. The alternative are rebuilt LORS welders for a bit more cost.
Any direct experience with the TECNA welders?

I have no experience with that brand, but a machine built in china, from a company headquartered in Europe is a red-flag for me on parts, maintenance and support.

Have they been selling in the US long enough to have established supply chains? I've had equipment that had a decent US presence when we bought it, but that faded away and now most parts have to come out of europe.

TJ Snow used to do a class on resistance welding that was excellent. I attended one ~10 years ago and learned things that I didn't know that I didn't know. I highly recommend taking it if you can.

I would probably lean toward the lors machine.

I've seen a few on the used market and they seem to be higher end.

My budget was not great at the time so I have federal and alphil and an eisler. Out of 9 welders only one didn't have cloth wrapped wiring. Gotta be sure to ground the enclosure unless you're done having kids.. lot's of EM thrown off by them.

Back