What's new
What's new

Tig torch control switch

JoeE.

Titanium
I've got a Miller HF15-WG high frequency unit. Works good.

Problem is, I don't have the correct "remote hand switch" (highlighted RHS-11-A) to energize the HF circuit at the torch head.

The circuit is designed to use a normally closed hand switch... push the button, interrupt the circuit and things start happening.

tig.jpg

But, I can't find the correct type of switch. What the old diagram calls for is what they had back then.. a sliding switch in the N.C. configuration.

I'd like to find a bulb switch like this

Capture.jpg

...but none of the few I've found actually call out the N.O. or N.C.

This one looks promising what with the 3 tabs on the switch... but, it doesn't actually call out how it's set up.

tiig.jpg

Any ideas or leads? At one time I had a little microswitch that hand NO and NC connections, but it wasn't easily attached. A bulb switch would be just what the doctor ordered. If I get around to it tomorrow, if there are no leads here.. I guess I could call about the 3 prong switch and see if anyone there has any idea what I'm talking about.
Searching would be much easier if I knew what to call the switch. Don't get any satisfaction on Mouser with "bulb switch".
Need to know the right key word.

Well, stand down.

Typed in "Torch Trigger Switch" and all kinds of ebay results...just got to be sure it's "N.C." configured.

Back