What's new
What's new

Timesavers Metal Widebelt Sander

herrmc

Plastic
I am intending to purchase a timesavers wide belt sander. I have processed sample parts, weighed it all out (I though).... and am ready to purchase..... I am going to purchase a series 1200 single head machine. The 25 inch machine will do everything that I need it to do, the 1200 also however comes in a 37 inch model.... the 25 inch has a 10 HP motor... the 37" has a 15 HP motor.... It also has a little better design on the bed (4 jacks under it instead of 2)...... cost is $6k more for the 37" over the 25" ...... I am obsessing and flip flopping back and forth between which one to get.

I can get either one (money)..... but that doesn't mean I have the money to burn (borrowing it).... I have tried to think of reasons that I would be sorry for either decision.... and even though I don't speculate needing to do wider than 25 inches... I can imagine a lot of scenarios where I might be sorry that I can't..... the only scenario I can imagine the other way around is the money.....

Not sure what I expect feedback here with the limited info I have given..... Also I intend to make my decision today in the next few hours...... just doing the hand-wringing thing..... If any of you have the timesavers and have dealt with this yourself, would be interested in your input.

Sorry can't help with your decision but may I ask what else you looked at? Cloth backed abrasive or scotchbrite or brush heads or ? I'm planning a similar purchase, and while Timesaver is the name brand, I'm leaning towards newer style machines that can handle smaller parts. Our main need is deburring and cleaning, not applying a brush finish. thanks.

Back