What's new
What's new

TJ DP-523K laser and LaserControl.exe software

Hardplates

Stainless
So does anyone know anything about this piece of shit? :D I would say it is hobby crap but the fact it cost over $20K makes me wonder otherwise.

Long story short I got it for less than what the chiller alone is worth. It's a Chinese machine but has mostly German laser components. I was going to rip it apart for parts but the fact the control software won't load makes me wonder if it is functional otherwise.

So does anyone know what this software is? If you click on it with task manager open it starts to run but then goes away....I'm not really a computer guy.

Is this pirated software that is lacking a key/crack or is it some cheapo jobbie that just doesn't want to work.

I've searched high and low on the internet and can't find anything. The manufacturer has a less than stellar presence on the internet :eek:

Any help would be appreciated before I tear apart what might be an otherwise functional machine.

See pics of both the software I downloaded off the machine and a pic of the machine itself (stacked on top of a heat treat oven :D )

Attachments

• Screenshot (301).jpg
    Screenshot (301).jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 28
  • 20210205_131106.jpg
    20210205_131106.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 40
Looks "high end" for a china laser.

The China lasers use some pretty shit software. Functionally though, they aren't terrible things.

I ended up with a bunch of 120 watt China lasers from a large marking company that upgraded. I cleaned them all up and sold most of them off for same as new prices because I could show they worked and there's a big demand for these things (mine were big enough to cut covid sneeze guards so that helped)

The one I kept I soon figured out the Chinese software is glitchy as can be and really sucks to use. I researched what to do and ended up buying the latest greatest 4 axis Ruida laser controller for $300 and buying Lightburn software for $100. That controller plugged right in, runs the stepper drives and controls the laser power supplies, air, has safety logic and a pretty well thought out GUI. It also does full 4th axis stuff.

If that thing you got there is configured like your typical china laser- Stepper drives, laser power supply, etc. then I suggest you do the same thing. It is hobby level stuff, but what you have there is essentially a printer. It doesn't need much to work well, the user interface is the most important aspect of it.

Don't get caught up in trying to figure out who built your laser or finding stuff about the brand. If it's a China laser that's all it is. That was hard for me to understand at first. What kind of laser tube it has and if the axis' use linear guides or not is the biggest differentiator.

Looks "high end" for a china laser.

The China lasers use some pretty shit software. Functionally though, they aren't terrible things.

I ended up with a bunch of 120 watt China lasers from a large marking company that upgraded. I cleaned them all up and sold most of them off for same as new prices because I could show they worked and there's a big demand for these things (mine were big enough to cut covid sneeze guards so that helped)

The one I kept I soon figured out the Chinese software is glitchy as can be and really sucks to use. I researched what to do and ended up buying the latest greatest 4 axis Ruida laser controller for $300 and buying Lightburn software for $100. That controller plugged right in, runs the stepper drives and controls the laser power supplies, air, has safety logic and a pretty well thought out GUI. It also does full 4th axis stuff.

If that thing you got there is configured like your typical china laser- Stepper drives, laser power supply, etc. then I suggest you do the same thing. It is hobby level stuff, but what you have there is essentially a printer. It doesn't need much to work well, the user interface is the most important aspect of it.

Don't get caught up in trying to figure out who built your laser or finding stuff about the brand. If it's a China laser that's all it is. That was hard for me to understand at first. What kind of laser tube it has and if the axis' use linear guides or not is the biggest differentiator.

I will take a closer look later today and post some more pics but I seem to remember it being a YAG laser, then having some dodad to change the wavelength and then it goes into some German thing that angles the beam in the X and Y direction. The Z is a ball screw with a "closed loop" servo stepper thing. It's closed loop to the driver, not to the control. I want to say that is Panasonic. There is no doubt it has some higher end components in it.

It is a subsurface (3d) laser built for doing those 3D hologram type things. When I bought it I seem to remember it being the same wavelength as a fiber laser so I figured there was some chance I could cobble it together to engrave SS and mild steel without using moly like a CO2 laser needs.

First pic shows the Coherent laser diode mounted to a liquid cooled enclosure heatsink.

The second pic shows the box the laser is in as well as the section that the lid is still on. I seem to remember inside there being something to convert from 808nm to 532 nm

The third and fourth and fifth pics show the Scanlab hurryscan ii 14 which appears to be a pricy little box.

And last the sixth pic shows the stepper/servo drive four the Z axis ballscrew.

Anyone have any ideas :D

It just seems like there is lots of cool shit in this thing and part of me is saying I will regret chopping it up.

Attachments

• diode.jpg
    diode.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 20
  • box.jpg
    box.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 19
  • hurryscan.jpg
    hurryscan.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 19
  • hurryscan2.jpg
    hurryscan2.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 19
  • servohurryscan.jpg
    servohurryscan.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 17
I wish I could be of more help, but I don't know much about what you have. I believe they are commonly called "Galvo" lasers.

Back