What's new
What's new

Trumpf 5030 offset question

conceptdevelopers

Cast Iron
Can someone please enlighten me on how dia. comp is set on this laser. I have a supplier that has this laser and he is telling me that he can only adjust holes not profiles:crazy:I know he just doesn't understand how to do it. I would assume it uses G41 and G42 or a similar way to adjust cuts. We are stuck with this supplier as the owner of this company wants to use them. I asked the guy over the laser department to send me the code and I could help him. He sent me a a copy of what the onboard programming system spits out. It's in German, and not just code but the proprietary BS for Trumpf.
Can somebody please help me?. My only other options is to redo al my DXF's and make the profiles larger to allow for the kerf:willy_nilly:

Something smells fishy about that. Maybe get a second opinion from Trumpf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've written Trumpf but no response yet. What good is a CNC machine if it can't cut accurately to a DXF? I personally think it is out of ignorance and stubbornness.

The machine is accurate, operator is not. The machines software does have that feature but it would require the operator to know how to use it.
I have it on my laser software and have never used it. I can cut up to 10 gauge with a beam width of about .004 using nitrogen. I only adjust my dxf holes that are going to get a self tapping screw, or when something is fussy. Nitrogen makes the cut edges hard and self tapping screws need to be forced in. If the screw spins before threading in you will work harden the hole and ruin that screw, and the second screw you try.

Back