Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Trumpf press brake beam misalignment

Hello, I have a Trumpf Trubend 3100. I recently purchased a polyurethane bottom die and holder to do large radius forming. The problem i am having is when the punch gets about 1" into the rubber the beam has an error of to much beam slope. I believe the two cylinders are meant to have some misalignment to form cones and to compensate for wear, but i cant find a way to turn that off or to lock the 2 cylinders. I have attached a photo of my punch and die. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

20190626_094421.jpg

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

block off the bottom die at an angle. The top beam is supposed to remain level, there is some forgiveness, which is a limit setting (puts bad stress on machine if out of level). The sheet shop across the street and down the road says 3/8" on their trumpf.
    sweet brake.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Does it say which side is lowest? Rotate the die and see if the problem switches sides. Could also be density differences on the die.
    Try putting the tooling in the middle. You are loading lop sided.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

In the photo the tooling was to one side, but when i was using the die the tooling was in the center of the press. I did not try to rotate the die. I find it hard to believe that a brand new press brake needs to be shimmed. Especially one that is this quality. It seems there is something simple that I am missing. Possibly some kind of setting to change.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Tennessee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

is the beam truly out of level? you can use a tape or ruler on each end to tell- you have enough play for that level of accuracy on this check. If it is out after homing one of the init values could be off. It looks like a big radius, and wide part- the load differences between left and right can get steep fast. Does it error just pressing into the rubber block? You need to balance the (finding machine power center, different from beam center) load, and even then breath right. you are likely pushing the machine to limits going deep into the block.