What's new
What's new

twin carbon arc torch

Out of curiousity...do these still find some sort of niche use? I thought that Carbon Arc has gone the way of the dodo...yet they still sell them...

Will these work on inverter machines well? (Dynasty)

Thanks!

Nick

Have no idea about using on inverter type machines, work grear on my Lincoln "tombstone" as I relate in another thread over on the old "General" forum, which has recent posts.
As I state there, I used it to heat thick metal to bend it.
Dave

I used one many years ago. After I got an oxy/act rig it sat on a shelf never to be fired up again. It does make a nice bright light.

I've had one for many years. They do a wonderful job of brazing. Lots of heat and, if properly adjusted, it can be very pinpoint. I use mine with an antique 90 amp AC Trindl welder. It has plenty of power to operate the carbon-arc torch.

They also work well for heating strap metal up to 1/4" for bending. It's so much less expensive than Oxy-Acetylene, too.

Less expensive to use is exactly my point Newman109. welding gasses have increased in price just as much as any other fuel if not more.
And at 40-50 amps the carbon arc torch doesn't hit you too hard on the electric bill.
Last project I used mine on was heating and bending 5/8"X3" flat stock.

Back