Used CNC press brake advice: brands, controls, etc? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adama View Post
    How much roughly? Looks a bit - Lots more than your original used budget?

$35500 for the machine, FOB port of entry.

About $2k for phase converter and misc.

Figuring roughly $2k for shipping and rigging from entry port to my shop.

Since I got him to substitute tooling, I won't have to buy any tooling initially - just as new needs come up down the road, so no $$ there.

Total, about $40k, all in.

Was originally looking at 30k ish for a 6' machine. Besides being new, the extra length is what sold me on it - not so much the bed length, but the 7' between the housings. Will let me take on stuff that I typically turn away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thats a seriously keen price, put into context the last amada i knew of bought over here in the uk a 3m 120 ton class machine and no special features was around the £90K mark,Back when that would have been near $130K USD so that seams really good. Amada WOULD NOT substitute tooling on that either, which added yet more cost.

You done well and undoubtedly if thats as good as the catalogue looks your going to be good for the long term and a fair bit of growth!

3. Likes Fish On liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

By chance did you by the machine from a guy name Mark?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adama View Post
    Thats a seriously keen price, put into context the last amada i knew of bought over here in the uk a 3m 120 ton class machine and no special features was around the £90K mark,Back when that would have been near $130K USD so that seams really good. Amada WOULD NOT substitute tooling on that either, which added yet more cost.

You done well and undoubtedly if thats as good as the catalogue looks your going to be good for the long term and a fair bit of growth!
    Those were pretty much my thoughts as well.

I think the exchange rate is working in my favor right now. I'm also pretty sure the dealer took the hit on the tooling to make the sale, I don't think MVD offered it.

The main drawback would be the limited representation in the states. The only US service techs and parts for this machine are out of Illinois, whereas some other companies have service techs and parts centers scattered all over the place. When I quoted Accurpress, that was really their only claim to fame - the sales guy wasn't really promoting the machine, but just the large capacity for prompt service calls. I can afford downtime a lot easier than an extra 25-30k (for a machine that didn't even seem to be equivalent), so it was an easy decision right now. Time will tell in the long run.

A 15 year old used Amada of similar size over here still sells for more than I bought this one for - those are seriously spendy.

By chance did you by the machine from a guy name Mark?
    No, a guy named Mike was my sales guy. I'm pretty sure I know the Mark you are talking about, though. If so, he quoted me a Chinese machine for not much less, but I was told to avoid it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Fish On View Post

No, a guy named Mike was my sales guy. I'm pretty sure I know the Mark you are talking about, though. If so, he quoted me a Chinese machine for not much less, but I was told to avoid it.
    Hmm, I thought he was the only sales guy for them in GA. But it has been sometime since ive talked to him about it so maybe something happened. What was the name of the chinese machine you are talking about?

I looked at the MVD at fabtech last year, they had some neat features and looked like a decent machine. Hopefully it works out good for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Spinks View Post
    Hmm, I thought he was the only sales guy for them in GA. But it has been sometime since ive talked to him about it so maybe something happened. What was the name of the chinese machine you are talking about?

I looked at the MVD at fabtech last year, they had some neat features and looked like a decent machine. Hopefully it works out good for you.
    Southern States Machine? He quoted me a US Industrial.

I bought the MVD from an outfit in Chicago - I had already been in touch with them via trying to buy a used machine. I didn't even know of a distributor for them in this area.

They're supposed to have my machine's older brother at Fabtech (same size, but the B-series, with more axes and features), so I'll get to put my eye on one at that point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I got to go put my hands on my machine's brother at Fabtech, as well as quite a few other manufacturer's machines, and I'm very happy with my decision to purchase this one.

I'm stoked to get it in the shop, and see how it performs for me, but given that I placed the order sight unseen, it was definitely good to see one in the flesh, as well as meet the tech that will be doing my install/training.