What's new
What's new

Water jet abrasive hopper from blast pressure pot ?

xcflyn

Plastic
I am sorry if this has been touched on in the past, but the search here, you tube, and google didnt really answer the question. I own a older machine, full gantry with a very old and very crummy abrasive feed system. I just purchased this system along with other assets from another company, and have been taking care of multiple problems, rebuilt high pressure system and cutting head. I now purchased a accustream "mini" hopper and need to feed it. I have been told by reps from KMT and my abrasive supplier to get a pressure pot from a sandblast set up and use that, running at around 15psi. I am trying to pick something out but not sure what will work. I do not run very big jobs for the most part so a #100 pot would be great seeing how right now I can only fill about #50 at a time because its that much less to scoop out when the system fails. My current system just blows the abrasive into a tube and relies on the siphon from the jet to draw the abrasive into the cutting stream.Pure vacuum feed through 15' of line. Clearly the new metered mini hopper will be a hugh help, but what do I go with for a main hopper ? Appreciate any help with this.

We run our hopper at 40psi, but I'm sure this depends on the size and length of your line. You can get a used 500 lb hopper for about $1000-1500.

Back