What's new
What's new

Water Table Questions

jigman586

Aluminum
We are looking at the Hypertherm HPR260xd. What is you guys opinion of a Retro Systems Mega Hornet 1000 water table versus a Koike Plate Pro Extreme water table? Any performance differences between the two brands? Any service level differences between the two companies?
Thanks.

We are looking at the Hypertherm HPR260xd. What is you guys opinion of a Retro Systems Mega Hornet 1000 water table versus a Koike Plate Pro Extreme water table? Any performance differences between the two brands? Any service level differences between the two companies?
Thanks.

I would also be interested but needed to make a comment. I guess you know that the water table itself can be purchased separate or even made your self? Years ago we bought the machine from Koeike but made our own table.

I think you should also look at the controls for each machine. Find out what control they each use and check service on both. In my experience the machine control, height control and drive motors are the weak links in the system.

Walter

Both Retro Systems and Koike use the Hypertherm EdgePro cnc controls, they also use the Hypertherm Arc Glide torch height control system, as well as cam Solutions ProNest CAM software. They are both great companies with excellent after sale support. Best bet is to look carefully at the design and construction of both machines and choose th on that best fits your needs.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

Thanks.

Back