What's new
What's new

Weld curtains what color?

MCritchley

Stainless
I am partitioning off our weld area from our small shop. I see there are orange and yellow transparent curtains. Ascetically I really don't care either way, is there an advantage to either color or is it just a color preference option?
It is actually a hard choice for me as I'll be looking at these for perhaps the rest of my career.

Mine are yellow. I've not read anything about improved performance from any particular color, but maybe there's something on the Web about it. I'd be more concerned about the quality of the actual product.

For me, yellow is less "stand out-ish" than orange would be. Very much a matter of taste, I'd guess.

I am partitioning off our weld area from our small shop. I see there are orange and yellow transparent curtains. Ascetically I really don't care either way, is there an advantage to either color or is it just a color preference option?
It is actually a hard choice for me as I'll be looking at these for perhaps the rest of my career.

Better buy rainbow ones or someone will be offended, cover all the bases.

I don't think there's much difference in performance between the different colors. Tillman has a bunch of different colors of welding curtains. Products "606" on that page is shade 8. That's what I'd get if I wanted something transparent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Here is off for colors
Dark green canvas.
Not only blocks all light but people do not spend time watching the welders do their work.
Weld area is sort of a magnet to people who want to watch this magic process.
Bob

Either pick the darkest shade if you feel a little on the dark side (Hoooooooooooooooooooooooo Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Hoooooooooooooooooooooooo).

If it was my choice the least dark would be used if a dark shade area would darken surrounding areas due to less natural light. (When arc is off)

I build my own curtains and I use yellow. It works ok, but they dont hold up to grinding sparks in heavy use area.

Yellow works best to see what is going on in the other side, but blue would be better to keep everything not as bright. Lights really reflect off the yellow color.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Back