What's new
What's new

Welding fume extractors

GMBM

Aluminum
Looking for information on welding fume extractors. I did a search here which turned up very little
I have a 2500 foot shop and do welding just in one corner mostly at an open bay door.
The assembles are to large for a hood as that would block the hoist and the ability to shift the work with the fork lift. Don't think an arm type unit would work as the welds are long.
We do spray transfer mig welding witch does help out with the amount of fumes.

So I was hoping to get some input good or bad on wall mounted units that anyone that has experience with

Any input would be appreciated
Thank You
Greg

Looking for information on welding fume extractors. I did a search here which turned up very little
I have a 2500 foot shop and do welding just in one corner mostly at an open bay door.
The assembles are to large for a hood as that would block the hoist and the ability to shift the work with the fork lift. Don't think an arm type unit would work as the welds are long.
We do spray transfer mig welding witch does help out with the amount of fumes.

So I was hoping to get some input good or bad on wall mounted units that anyone that has experience with

Any input would be appreciated
Thank You
Greg

Binzel and others make extraction guns, but I don't know how good they work.
Fume Extraction MIG Guns | ABICOR BINZEL
Fume Extraction MIG Guns - Tregaskiss and Bernard

I did look into the smoke eater guns but also had doubts of how well the would work and the fact that the feeder is on a boom there was no clear way to exhaust the fumes.

Might try a hood that could swing out of the way

Thank You
Greg

Back