What's new
What's new

Welding Gas Cartridge Fittings?

Tenson

Plastic
Hi All,

I got a big CO2 bottle with my used MIG welder but it is now empty and I'd like to switch to the smaller disposable bottles so I can switch gas for materials.

I'd appreciate advise on if I can use my existing pressure regulator for the cartridge bottles, maybe I just need an adaptor?

Thank you!

Simon

JusNMKs.jpg

EomN3DH.jpg

Hi All,

I got a big CO2 bottle with my used MIG welder but it is now empty and I'd like to switch to the smaller disposable bottles so I can switch gas for materials.

I'd appreciate advise on if I can use my existing pressure regulator for the cartridge bottles, maybe I just need an adaptor?

Thank you!

Simon

JusNMKs.jpg

EomN3DH.jpg

I don't see the new smaller bottle that you want to use.

I haven't bought one yet as I'm not sure what fittings it needs. I assume cartridge types have pretty standard selection of fittings? Maybe not.

This advert says simply M10 but that doesn't sound like a gas fitting to me. Male, female, I dunno!

This one says 1/8 BSP which sounds more sensible. But again that's just the thread I guess, not sure about the actual mating parts.

Argon / CO2 Disposable MIG Welding Gas Cylinder Bottle 8056300371922 | eBay

I haven't bought one yet as I'm not sure what fittings it needs. I assume cartridge types have pretty standard selection of fittings? Maybe not.

This advert says simply M10 but that doesn't sound like a gas fitting to me. Male, female, I dunno!

This one says 1/8 BSP which sounds more sensible. But again that's just the thread I guess, not sure about the actual mating parts.

Argon / CO2 Disposable MIG Welding Gas Cylinder Bottle 8056300371922 | eBay

Have you asked your local Welding supplier ?

^^^This. Take to LWS and ask them what you need. CO2 tops out at around 1100 psi? Wrong fittinge can ruin your day. CO2 bottle can be re tested if out of date. Or bleed until empty and cut off bottom. They make great gongs.

Back