What's new
What's new

What are the tools requires for Welding?

monu96

Plastic
Hi all...
I have some of the tools for MIG welding. I don't know whether there are sufficient for welding. Can you share the tools required for welding?

benefit of doubt on translation issues; if you have body armor for mig welding you have body armor for other flavors of welding. you need a welder that works #1.
performing lobotomy you really need face shield, face protection in welding is optional.

Some kind of welder

Protective goggles (oxy-acetylene) or flash protective hood (TIG/MIG/stick welding)

Heavy leather gloves

long sleeves and pant legs

A chipping hammer if the welding process uses flux

Means of preparing joints for welding. Grinder or even files

monu96...It may be more productive if you tell us what you do have. Some tools for welding doesn't help much as far as what we could suggest. What Scottl posted is a good start however. In my opinion (I have been welding for over fifty years) MIG welding is a lot easier to learn then stick welding so that's a good start. Stick welding has some distinct advantages as far as versatility. It's a lot more economical and handy to keep a variety of welding rods in stock to do various jobs. You can choose a rod for certain alloys, hard surface,and even cut with stick in a pinch. I'm just saying that after a day of practice with a MIG welder, your welds will probably not look like something out of leave it to beaver. I would suggest to start out with getting a unit that uses shielding gas as opposed to one of the cheap units that require flux core only. I only use flux core when welding something outdoors when it is too windy to use shield gas and I don't care for it. It's too easy to make a "flux weld" that you don't catch and there is a lot more splatter. Get an auto darkening face shield. Even the cheap ones work pretty good and it will make a better welder out of you especially if you are stitching. It's always nice to know where your stitches are going and a MIG welder excels at this.

monu96...It may be more productive if you tell us what you do have. Some tools for welding doesn't help much as far as what we could suggest. What Scottl posted is a good start however. In my opinion (I have been welding for over fifty years) MIG welding is a lot easier to learn then stick welding so that's a good start. Stick welding has some distinct advantages as far as versatility. It's a lot more economical and handy to keep a variety of welding rods in stock to do various jobs. You can choose a rod for certain alloys, hard surface,and even cut with stick in a pinch. I'm just saying that after a day of practice with a MIG welder, your welds will probably not look like something out of leave it to beaver. I would suggest to start out with getting a unit that uses shielding gas as opposed to one of the cheap units that require flux core only. I only use flux core when welding something outdoors when it is too windy to use shield gas and I don't care for it. It's too easy to make a "flux weld" that you don't catch and there is a lot more splatter. Get an auto darkening face shield. Even the cheap ones work pretty good and it will make a better welder out of you especially if you are stitching. It's always nice to know where your stitches are going and a MIG welder excels at this.
Doesn't have anything....is requesting we do their homework for them.

Pretty anemic homework question if that's truly what it is.

x2 on stating what you currently have. Have a roll of MIG wire and a few vise grips? You'll need a few more bits. The Devil's in the details...

Since no one else has mentioned it, as far as the clothing you wear while welding, it should be 100% cotton, synthetic fibers melt to your skin and you will end up in the burn ward.

Yeah, they will. It Sucks.
Learned that one the fun way... Nothing like watching a big patch of your skin come off when you are trying to cool it down with cold water......

Back