What's new
What's new

whats the best value in a 4x8 plasma table

When I was considering a unit, it was strongly suggested to go to a 5 x 10 to cut 4 x 8 sheets. Never did pull the trigger.

With all the choices available today, you might as well be asking "Who makes the best Pizza". You'll get 20 different answers.
I've gathered up hardware for several years, but when it comes to which way to control the machine, my head spins, and I go on to something else for another year again.

These are only 4 x 4 but supposedly a good value. The software seems easy to use. Unfortunately, the software is not available for DIY applications.
CrossFire Store | Langmuir Systems
Finally a affordable CNC plasma table Crossfire from Langmuir systems - YouTube

No affiliation.....

I've used an arclight and they were good. Torchmate failed to produce acceptable parts on their demo machine. Plasmacam had servos, which was nice, but the cost seemed high and the machine quality was meh.

The power supply and height control are the biggest factors in part quality. Everything else is just about reducing time and frustration, assuming the machine is at least somewhat solid.

I have a Bulltear I bought in 2012....it's still going strong. I've bought a couple of drivers along the way from candcnc.

Their tables are called Starlab now. I second the motion to go 5x10 instead of 4x8...but they offer both.

https://starlabcnc.com/shop/ols/products/star-lab-5x10

They have a pretty good Z height which turned out to be great for cutting tube.

That's a very good looking design & price.

Back