What's new
What's new

Who can laser cut 10' x 20' in the Portland area?

Garwood

Diamond
I need some large (for me) parts cut and I don't think my steel supplier can hit tolerance with their plasma. Parts are about 116" by 120" 11 gauge so two from 10x20 sheet.

Nothing too picky, just standard laser stuff. say +/- .010 on a 6" hole and ability to make clean .200" holes.

I had this problem in Vancouver BC with 12'x5' parts as all the lasers here are apparently only 10' long. I ended up getting waterjet shop to do it as they had a big table, so keep that in mind if need be. I would think 10'x20' is a big table for a job shop but let us know how you make out. Would shearing or plasma cutting them in half manually first be an option? Unsatisfying though that may be.

Try Farwest, in Vancouver. I know a lot of the boatbuilders up here have them cut big parts. They seem to be competitive enough that trucks drive up almost to the Canadian border pretty regularly carrying their parts.
And, in general, I would use the phone, not the internet. The guys who cut know who else cuts, and its not top secret. A few minutes on the phone and you can generally find who has the biggest capacity, simply by asking- if you cant do it, who can?

More like Turboencapsulator... They are skins for my shop doors. Need the locating holes and leveling adjustment features cut into the panels so I don't have to mess with it.

Won't expansion/contraction be a problem with a skin that large ?

Won't expansion/contraction be a problem with a skin that large ?

Well I hope not. Over 100 degree temp range should see .076" change. The whole building is steel. Panels are smooth Metal Insulated Panels 20 gauge (no ribs) 38" by 16'. No problems so far.

Back